Chapter 27: Shie Hassaikai

Mavis' pov

"You wanted to meet me?" I was standing in the middle of the room, in front of me sat the leader of the Shie Hassaikai, Chisaki Kai. It was already afternoon. I came here just a couple of minutes ago. The others wanted to come with me but I told them to go back to the others.

He stared at me for a couple of seconds before his gaze fell on a man standing behind me, a member of his organization.

"Indeed," He made himself comfortable on his seat before he continued to speak, looking me up and down while I stood there with my hands clasped in front of me and my chin pointed up. I didn't let my guard down, who knows what would happen. Wouldn't be the first fight I had here. I neck prickled. I am aware that everyone is watching me in this room, and the fact that some of them stood behind me set me on edge.

"I wanted to apologize for what happened 2 years ago." I arched an eyebrow. "Why would you apologize?"

"A member of mine had assaulted you and that wasn't correct. Considering that you came here with the promise of neutrality from us, it was our fault for having someone as undisciplined and mannerless as him with us."

"Let's ask what he thinks about all that- oh wait he is dead. As you already witnessed, I already handled it but you guys hadn't been very... pleased by it." I trailed off and looked at the other men in the room. They had all masks on and one of them particular stood out to me. He was standing at Kai's right side, he is small like a toddler, it could be Kai's most trusted member, probably not the strongest one but I shouldn't just jump into conclusions. The world is full of surprises.

"Well it was the way you did it." His right hand, which was resting on the armrest, found it's way to his face, scratching his chin while his elbow still remained on its place at the armrest. His other arm is placed the same, but his left hand was hanging over the edge from the armrest.

I shrugged my shoulders. "He thought it was okay to touch me, an emissary, without my consent and I deemed the action worthy enough to set his soul on fire. It was a very amusing sight if you ask me." I didn't literally set his soul on fire, it just felt for the man like that.

"And even so, instead of your underlings apologizing in your stead for what happened, they attacked me. Which also gave me the insight of how things work out here. I presume they respect you now? Because it seemed to me that they thought they were high enough in status to do whatever they pleased to do."

"I wasn't ruling this organization at the time, and I didn't know why you did that because of that. That's why I apologize now to you on the behalf of Shie Hassaikai." I hummed and looked into his eyes. He wants something from me that's for sure. No man would apologize for something as simple as assault. And to a nobody like me at that. It's not like I'm a part of the mafia right now.

"What do you really want?" He gave out a short chuckle and motioned the member behind me to step closer. He did as he was told and handed me a file. My eyes flicked from the file to the leader of this organization, a confused look on my face.

He motioned for me to open it and started talking as I inspected the papers.

"As you know, we have that child that got her parents killed because of your group-"

"I'm not a member of them anymore." I cut him off and he continued talking.

"That came to my knowledge. As I was saying, I have her here in the basement and I am currently working on something that could erase someone's quirk forever." I looked up from the papers to the man that was talking. "That is impossible." I shook my head lightly and closed the file in my hands. Now fully turning my attention to him.