Chapter 66: Caller ID

Mavis' pov

"You were too far away from me! How could I had possibly got you before Bakugo's explosion did!" Mina childishly threw her arms open and said, "Well, I don't know! Maybe using your quirk?" I sighed and eyed her. She was dirty because of the explosion.

"See it from the bright side, now you won't forget to shower and wash your hair," She huffed and slapped me behind my head. As if the throbbing pain wasn't enough that my quirk caused. "What was that for?"

"For not rescuing me," She crossed her arms and looked to the ground, still walking to the dormitories. Giving up on the argumentation that Mina brought up the moment I saw her, I looked up to the 1-A dormitory building. Ready to go into my dorm, take a shower and then try to control my quirks. Sounds fun, right?

When I opened and stepped inside the building, Bakugo crashed into me from behind and muttered a 'watch it' before walking to the stairs. I don't know what to think. That he ran into me and he should watch it? Or that the phase with 'someone needs to be with you 24/7' is over?

I'll just... let it go. My head is hurting enough. "You wanna come tonight to Kirishima's dorm and do a sleepover?" Mina nudged me to my senses and I turned my head to her. "Uhhh... yeah. I could use a massage from Kirishima."

"They are good, aren't they? I love them!" She said with sparkles in her eyes as we took the stairs.

~

The birds were today not as lively as they always were. No animals were running from bush to bush, tree to tree. No spiders waiting for their next meal. The only thing that showed me that the forest was still living were the ants that made a stream, from their home to an half eaten apple on the ground.

After my run, that I actually took every morning but hadn't had the time to do it this morning, I sat down in front of the ants and watched them work. Calming my beating heart till I was ready to meditate.

I switched the location from my dorm to the forest because Mina felt the need to turn her music up. 'Pretty Girl Rock' was the loudest because it was the one that played when I asked her to turn the music down. She turned it up instead and did it as a punishment because I didn't saved her from the explosion earlier this day.

It didn't took long for my heartbeat to slow down, so I closed my eyes when I was ready. My attention fixed on my breathing alone. Imagining my blood flowing through my veins. And- 'did you know that ants poop? They only  poop in specific areas in their nest, so it's unlikely that someone would see it.

Where do I want to buy my new carpet? A better question is; what carpet do I even want? Are here even any good shops for carpets? I remember buying mine from another city, but I would need permission to leave the school.

Pffft- that sounds so fucking ridiculous...

Oh, I haven't seen Eri in a long time. Wonder what she is doing right now. What time was it again?'

I opened my eyes and looked down, searching for my phone.

Right, I left it in my dorm. 'Ugh, that won't work!' So I stood up, dusted myself off and went back to my dorm. I hate having a mind that I can't control.