Chapter 77: It's Up To You

Mavis' pov

They are afraid of me.

They don't want me here anymore.

They look down at me.

I packed my last things that I think I would need and closed my second luggage. After the thing with Bakugo I never went back to class. Todoroki didn't wanted to either, but Aizawa told him to. He said he doesn't tolerate sloppiness. Todoroki can't afford to skip a day of school just because of a girl.

He was right. Even when Todoroki sees me as a friend, I don't. And I don't care.

I sighed, pushed my luggage to the side to make myself room to sit down and looked around my room. The sun is going down, so my room is only dimly lit by natural light. It looks sullen and cold here.

Someone knocked at my door, so I turned my head slightly to my left, towards my door. This is going on since school ended, and it is getting on my nerves. "Hey... Mavis? I wanted to go out and get something to eat." It's Denki.

"I figured you would be hungry because you skipped breakfast... and lunch, so I thought you would want some fried chicken, or whatever you would like. You can choose." He sounded nervous. Maybe because he is scared of me. I pressed my lips in a thin line as a picture of Bakugo in pain flashed across my mind.

"I ate something just half an hour ago. I have food in my room stored. So have fun without me." I'm lying. Only drank 1 gallon of water because my quirk needs it. When I'm home I'll probably make myself a protein drink to not lose my muscles. But that would be it.

"Oh..." Denki said, his voice muffled from behind the door. "What about a game night? Sero says no one could beat his record in mario cart, but I'm sure you could-"

"Not interested. Can't see, remember?" I cut him off and he said another disappointed 'oh...'. "We are in Mina's dorm if you change your mind." I didn't tell him that I'm leaving. I just held my mouth shut till I was sure he left.

In Mina's dorm? So directly besides my dorm. That means they could try and come inside my dorm from the balcony door...

I stood up and made my way to lock that door, but stopped when my eyes landed on beautiful red wings.

I clenched my fist that was reaching out for the door, to lock it, but was now up in the air. Hawks turned around as if sensing my death stare and gave me a goofy smile.

I unclenched and clenched my fist again. Wanting to punch that smile right out of his face. After another moment that passed with just staring, I moved my hand the last centimeters to open the balcony door.

"What do you want."

He shrugged with one of his shoulders halfheartedly and invited himself in, trying not to touch me while he squeezed himself inside, but he did.

He stopped midway when I grabbed for his upper arm, squeezing it just slightly. "I asked you what you want."

Hawks turned his body fully to me, looked me up and down, turned his head to look around my dorm, then he turned his head to look at me again. I don't care if my eyes aren't covered. He is a Hero. Sure thing he can tolerate some pain. Or whatever he will feel when I lose control over my quirk again.