Chapter 63: Head Game?

Mavis' pov

I sighed as I opened the door to my room. The moonlight illuminating some parts of it, and my gaze fell on the bloodstains on my carpet.

Looks like I need a new one. It didn't wanted to come off as I tried it with different cleaning supplies, yesterday. There were two spots that had the most, where Dabi was kneeling and where he stood as he burned my neck.

Couple of drops followed his path when he went outside. The bloodstain was there for 4 days, so I don't wonder why.

I looked to my left as I was standing in the middle of my room. Just near the door was this dent that I still haven't figured out why it was there. So I rolled my eyes in annoyance and went up to my bed, throwing my phone in the middle of it.

My hands reached out for the end of my white turtleneck and I pulled it up, taking it off with a bit of a struggle because of my head. My burn healed completely, leaving a scar where it once was. While looking in the body mirror besides my bed, I traced the outline of my new scar and played in my head the scene how I got it again.

It felt like I knew it now by heart. Every move that he made and every possibility how I could have prevented it from happening. I don't have a lot of scars. There was a doctor in my hometown that healed my wounds completely after a session of beatings or training, every time. One of my foster parents, mostly the woman, took me there and paid the doctor generously.

They weren't that rich with their job, so it was confusing why they had so much money to cover everything up. But as a kid, I never really thought about it.

Someone knocked on my balcony door and I realized that I was standing in front of my mirror for minutes now. Mina came in after I gave her a nod of my head, and tossed my turtleneck on my bed.

"What's up?" I unbuttoned my pants and pulled it down, stepping out of it. "You had this really cute shirt on last time, can I borrow it?"

"Uhh, yeah sure. But which one do you mean?" She thought for a second for how to describe it, as I bent down to pick up my pants and folded it. "This cute crop top with a v-neck,"

"Oh, you mean the one that I had on as a pajama top?" She nodded, and I placed my pants with my folded turtle neck on my table.
"Yeah, that one!" She pointed at me with an excited expression.

I opened my closet and looked inside, for a pajama and the top that Mina asked for. "I think I washed it yesterday. Must be in the dryer." Deciding for an emerald green silk nightdress, I put it on after unclasping my bra and tossing it on my table, and turned my head to Mina.

It hugged my curves perfectly, which gave me a confident boost as I looked into the mirror. "We can get it now, if you want?"

~

"Have you found it?" Mina asked behind me, as I looked down into the second dryer that I opened. "No," I sighed and closed the dryer.

"Well, there wasn't anything in the third one, either." She said with a frown on her face. "Do you think Ochaco may took it accidentally?"

"I don't think so, but let's ask her anyways,"

~