Chapter 64: Bird's Nest

Mavis' pov

Blinking slowly at a pink skinned girl in front of me, I asked, "Girl, what happened to your hair?" She made an annoyed sound and looked into the small mirror again in her hand, not directed to me, but the sound was meant for the more unruly hair than ever of hers. It looked like a bird's nest.

She handed me the mirror and collected all her hair. "I woke up with it, forgot to shower after yesterday. It was actually my hair day, but I couldn't have showered either way, I forgot all my hair products in Kirishima's room." She muttered as she tied her hair in a ponytail, looking into the mirror that I held for her.

She and Kirishima always do their hair together. Like re-dyeing Kirishima's hair or styling it, just like him styling and massaging hair products into her hair. I sometimes participate in their sleepovers for hair care, just because I love Kirishima's head massages.

I watched her before a dual haired boy caught my eye, walking down the stairs. We were standing besides them. I was waiting for Mina down the stairs because we always walk together to school, wether I want it or not. That's why we still stood besides the stairs, I pointed out her hair as a way greeting before we could have taken a step together.

"Todoroki," I called out for the boy and he turned around slowly, blinking at me in confusion. "How are you doing?" He walked towards us, just because he didn't wanted to higher his voice to answer. "I'm..." Todoroki thought for a second, watching Mina tying her hair again because it didn't looked good in her first try.

After more seconds of silence from the boy, I said, "Just say how you feel, Todoroki. I will listen."

"I feel... I don't know how I feel." He concluded, looking at his hands. I gave the mirror back to Mina, after seeing that she was done with her hair. "It's alright, maybe you could tell me how you feel when you know it. Wanna walk with us to class?"

He looked up and blinked again, glancing from Mina to me, and nodded.

The walk to our class didn't take long. Mina was the one that talked the most, I gave her here and there my opinion about certain things and engaged Todoroki into our conversations, who mostly just walked besides me in silence.

"I heard an explosion last night, what happened on your floor?" Todoroki asked all of a sudden, while Mina and I were debating why books were actually interesting. She always finds a way to say that they are boring as fuck. We turned our heads to the boy and I pressed my lips in a thin line, recalling the events from yesterday with Bakugo.

"Oh, Bakugo just didn't wanted to admit that he looked at Mavis closer than a normal friend would have done the other night, when the pussycats were visiting."

He raised a brow at what Mina said. "Like 'invading her personal space' closer?"

"Ohh, baby no. Not like that. She meant with 'closer' that he looked at my clothes and body longer and better than someone else that wasn't attracted to me would have done."

"Attracted?" It felt like I was talking to Eri as I explained him something about attraction and feelings, which made me smile a bit. "If someone has a liking in someone else because of something specific on them. Either be it the personality or the look."

"Bakugo is fancying you?" He asked another question and I felt bad for laughing at that. "I don't think he does, we just like to annoy him with that. It's probably just because he grew up with designers why he observes how people dress."