Chapter 30: Bubble's Crush

Mavis' pov

An exhausted groan left Mina's throat as she threw back her head over the couch. "We're working so hard everyday..." She complained.

"It's not called 'intensive training' for nothing, huh?" Over me, Jirou stretched out her arms, and a cracking sound resulted. I looked from Mina's exhausted form, upwards to Jirou. When our gaze met, I smiled up at her and she blushed, smiling back and then looking to the other girls fast.

My head was placed on Jirou's lap, my body laying on the couch. She was nice enough to let me use her as a pillow, even though I am not that exhausted, I just wanted to lay down comfortably. And it didn't go unnoticed from me that Jirou tends to always look at me when something happens or when it is boring.

"Even so, there's less than a week left before the provisional licensing exam." Jirou added and leaned back on the couch.

"Yao-momo, how's your ultimate move coming?" Invisible girl asked the black haired girl. She placed a hand on her cheek and started thinking. "There's something I want to do, but my body can't keep up yet, so I need to develop my quirk a little more first." I shifted to the side, to face the other girls in the room better.

"What about you, Tsu?" I felt Jirou play with my hair and it weirded me a bit out the way my body relaxed into her touch. 'Stay focused Mavis, you are here for a limited amount of time.'

"I've perfected a move even more frog-like than before." Tsu held a drink in her hand, just like Bubbles.

Bubbles didn't respond as Hagekure asked her how her special move was going. She looked deep in thought and took tiny sips from her drink with her straw.

Tsu tapped her on her arm and she jumped up slightly.

"You seem tired." Tsu said.

"Oh no. I'm not tired at all. I'm just getting started!" I looked to Mina and Jirou, who both watched bubbles as if they could look right through her if they just concentrated enough.

"At least, that's how it's supposed to be, how do I put it...?" Bubbles trailed off.

"We get it Bubbles, you just thought about your crush." I said and the girls squealed, Mina the highest, and her squeal nearly made my ears bleed.

"It's love!" Mina exclaimed and Ochaco panicked at that.

"Wh...what? Glove? Shove? Dove?" She made weird hand movements and I stopped her body, fearing of her hitting Tsu. But then again, why would I care?

"Chill out Ochaco-"

Mina cut me short as she asked who her crush might be. "-is it Midoriya, or Iida? You are always with them."

I snorted. "Girl, please don't let it be Iida. You wouldn't make a cute couple..." As I let go of Ochaco's body, she hid her face with both her hands and activated her quirk. Now floating over us.

"No, no that's not it!"

"Look at what you did Mina." I sweat dropped, watching the gurl as she head bumped the ceiling.

For a second I thought of how ridiculous I look right now. My head resting on a girl's lap, surrounded by other girls that are on their way to become heroes. My smile dropped when I thought about facing them all someday. That day would be inevitable, considering that I work with the Shie Hassakai now. Another yakuza. Gods, it doesn't seem like I'll ever get out of this circle.

"Who is it? Which one? Who is it?" The invisible girl asked but Ochaco could only mumble 'that's not it.'

"Spit it out. You'll get a lighter sentence if you confess." Now, Jirou joined them. I turned on my back again, to face the ceiling. I feel a bit tired now that everything is as it's always been. With always I mean the short time I've known them. Right, it hasn't been long since we first met, I shouldn't fall asleep here.

"I think it might be Midoriya. It could definitely be not Iida..." I started playing with Jirou's hand that is laying on my stomach.Gracing her fingers lightly.

"That's really not it! I really don't know anything about that stuff..." Bubbles whined.

"It's not good to force an investigation, you know." Tsu chimed in. Maybe she was as much annoyed by this pointless interrogation as I was.

"That's right. More importantly, we have an early start tomorrow, so we should turn in." I huffed and stood up.

Even if we speak like we know each other so well, I know that they know little to nothing about me. How I came to this school, what I do after school, my past. Oh, don't get me started on my past. They don't even know that I am an orphan.

I told them that I live alone, but not why. Only Hawks knows, and I intend to keep it that way.

"What? No way! I want to hear more!" Mina whined like a child.

And then it hit me. I wanted to help Midoriya today because of his moves, and I forgot about that.

Jirou looked up to me."Where are you going?" She asked confused.

"I forgot to help Midoriya with training. See you tomorrow." Bubbles squealed as I said 'Midoriya' and Mina pointed a finger at her.

"IT'S MIDORIYA!"

"NO IT'S NOT!" Bubbles denied and kept on floating over our heads. I shook my head lightly and walk out of the building, while hearing my friends shouting stuff at each other.

"Sorry I'm late." I said as I walked down to a sweating Midoriya. "How far are you?"

He scratched the back of his head. "There's a move that I can't quite do. I've been working on it for half an hour..."

"Damn, am I that late?" I walked towards Midoriya's notebook, crouching down and reading what the move was about.

"It's not that big of a deal, I started earlier than said, anyways. I am glad that you are willing to help me." He said nervously.

"I helped a lot of our classmates. It's your turn." I chewed on my bottom lip as I read through everything slowly. "So, about the move,"

1045 words