Chapter 71: Forgiveness

Mavis' pov

People were talking. That's why I started to wake up and come to my senses. Not even considering the question why someone would be in my room while I am sleeping, I told them to shut their mouth.

I wanted to move into a more comfortable sleeping position, but my body felt so sore that I groaned. Not to start with the light that was blinding me behind my eyelids. The disrespect...

My hand went up to my eyes, to shield them from the light. My other hand moving to help it to stay over them. Because, for whatever reason, my left hand felt more numb than my right. And if I wouldn't have had stabilized it, my hand would have fallen into my face like a dead fish.

"I hate you." It was directed to whoever was talking. I wasn't even bothering to try and find out who it was. "That's not how to talk to your elder."

A memory flashed into my head and I smiled a bit. That's what Hideyoshi once told me when I told him to piss off. That was after he woke me up at 4 am to get him some sage.

I opened my eyes, seeing my arm shielding me from the light. Lowering it while sitting up slowly, I saw Aizawa and Recovery girl standing there.

"I didn't mean you, granny. I meant Hobo here," I pointed to Aizawa, who blinked at me. "You are too lovely to be hated." I added and she shook her head lightly at my comment.

"How long was I out?" I looked around the familiar room while stretching my arms and back. My back cracked several times when I turned around as much as I could with my upper body. "That felt good." And proceeded to do it again with turning around from the other side.

"For twenty minutes." Aizawa answered. Watching me stand up and stretch again. It felt like as if I was asleep for a week.

"You had one broken rib while three fractured and broke your left arm."

"Damn, Deku really did ignore the fact that we were teammates, huh?" Aizawa met my gaze with a stern one and I rolled my eyes. "Just spit it out. I can't read minds."

"Why did you hurt Midoriya?"

"It is kinda your guys' fault that this happened. If I hadn't had that bracelet on me I could have controlled my quirk."

"You mean to tell me that you can't control your quirk?" Recovery girl already left. Excusing herself because it was getting late and that someone in her age needs to rest more.

I gritted my teeth. "I'm working on it." Something like that let's me look weak, and I actually didn't want him to know it.

"When were you going to tell me?"

"The coming thirteenth month. With a pie that says 'Thank you for everything'"

"Mavis, it's not the time nor place to joke around. This is a serious problem." He furrowed his brows, his stare getting burning.

"My innocence was serious, too. But no one wanted to hear me out. Only if I told you what you guys wanted to hear!" Bite. I had the urge to bite him. Scratch him with my nails. Punch him in the face. He winced back, his hand shooting up to his neck. Closing his eyes for a quick second before forcing them open. He was using his quirk on me and it took me a second to process.