Chapter 24: Training Camp

Mavis' pov

I let out a small giggle when I saw how my classmates were lying in the dirt, groaning in pain. But when I gazed at them a little longer, my smile faded and I tried to look elsewhere. I would have been beaten by now if I was still a child, in that cold place that felt more like a torture camp than a home.

I looked up to estimate how much water I would need to summon when I saw one of the women looking down at us.

"Hey! Since it's private land, you can use your Quirks as you wish! You have three hours. Come to the facility on your own two feet! After getting through... The Beast's Forest!"

I looked back at the forest I turned my back to, to try and find any beasts. Why else would it be named after that?

I huffed, feeling my stomach rumbling a little. 'But I don't wanna~' whining in my head didn't help much, but I did it nevertheless.

"That name sounds like it came right out of Dragon Quest!" Kaminari exclaimed.

"UA does stuff like this way too often." Jirou mumbled. I saw her still on the ground so I reached out for her, to help her on her feet. She took my hand and I pulled her up. Jirou is lighter than I thought, so it looked like she was flying for a second when I put a bit too much strength in my pull.

"Thanks, Mavis."
She gave me a tiny smile after gaining her balance.

"No problem, babe." I winked at her playfully to try and change the mood. No one wanted to be here, stranded with the knowledge that we have to walk 2 hours through a forest. We didn't even have breakfast.

"It's no use complaining," Kirishima said while dusting himself off. "we just have to go."
I hummed in agreement and looked towards the forest again. I saw Mineta running from the corner of my eye to the forest quickly, clutching is crotch. A moment later he stood in front of a beast instead of a tree.

"It's... a beast!" Screamed Kirishima and Kaminari. Mineta stood there frozen and Koda rushed to the creature, trying to aid Mineta who still didn't budge. I didn't either. I just want to see some action before I have to lift a finger and pretend like I'm a good classmate and person.

I don't have that kind of moral code like the others though. "Calm down, kind beast! Stay back!" But the 'kind beast' didn't listen.

Before he could have crushed Mineta, Midoriya rescued him from his fate."Ow man, why'd you help him?" I mumbled and raised my arms besides me slightly, just to let them fall down again dramatically, like a child.

4 of the boys from my class, too lazy to say their names, destroyed the creature and the class complimented the boys. Wohoooo.
Yeah good job, I guess. I'm just trying so hard not to crinkle my nose up in disgust while seeing the children all so happy and nice.

A new creature came to life and this time, it had wings. We, as a class, worked together through the forest. Great. Teamwork. Love the cliché thingy that we have going on here. I used Todoroki's ice as my water source, taking water from the air would have been too much for me when I would have done it the whole time.

And I don't wanna end up having a concussion. Or worse, having to wear glasses from then on like Iida has to.

The class was all thirsty when it was like an hour later, so I asked Todoroki for extra ice and turned it into water. I gave that to them so they could drink it. I had to repeat it like 5 times, which made me so thirsty afterwards that my tongue felt like sandpaper.