Chapter 56:HPSC

Mavis' pov

The festival is in two days and literally everyone is talking about it. Thanks to Bakugo, our table stopped talking about the festival. Mina and Denki were rather quiet today, awkward even.

"What the hell is wrong with you guys?" Bakugo asked Denki and Mina. The two glanced to me for a second while I ate my soba. Every time Todoroki eats it, I see it and want it, too.

It just looks so good. The two looked elsewhere when they saw that it didn't interest me when Bakugo asked them about their behavior. I told them to shut their mouth about what happened yesterday, not behave awkward and don't say anything entirely.

But what can someone expect from them? They probably think Hawks would be taking me to his mother or some shit. And I wouldn't want everyone to know that I was dating him.

"I don't know what you are talking about." Mina said hurriedly. Denki tried to focus on his food, pursing his lips together as if he tries not to say something that is on his mind.

Bakugo spared me a glance, furrowing his eyebrows. "Why was Hawks yesterday here?" I didn't even look up as I said, "None of your business." He clicked his tongue.

Sero and Kirishima tried to build a conversation again with the whole group, preventing something that maybe would have went downhill.

~

"I will be on your side the entire time, don't worry. Just listen to her, you don't need to say anything." Hawks led me to a door and opened it for me. "Don't tell me what to do." I entered the room and had 2 heartbeats to scan it.

Yellow walls. Big windows. A woman and a man. Both clothed formal. A big desk on my left side. Not much of decorations.

The woman has teal eyes and short blonde hair. Her face neutral. She has light wrinkles. The man has a suit on. His brows furrowed as he looked out of the big windows.

It was actually like a wall of windows.

The woman was the first who turned around. Her face still neutral. As if she expected that I would have come from the start. Before Hawks came to me just yesterday. "It's about time I meet the girl that causes a lot of trouble, and keeps Hawks occupied with other things. Just not hero work."

Hawks looked elsewhere but I met her gaze. With as much stealth as her. Her lip tucked lightly on the side. Giving me an amused smirk. "Keep it short and clear. I don't have much time to spare for this bullshit."

Hawks' head turned to me, but I would not break my eye contact with that lady so easily. It was like a battle between us both, testing who the one with the more dominance is.

"I'm sure Hawks already told you about what we want from you." She said. Still not wiping that bemused look out of her face. "And I will say it to you now, too. I'm not interested in playing with you guys charade."

"You would be great for our plan."

"I don't care." She clicked her tongue. The smirk out of her face. The man turned around, but said nothing. Watching us from the side, just like Hawks.

"Do something appreciative in your life and join us." She said and I gritted my teeth. "Judge me all you want, but I won't join. I have nothing to win from it, so fuck off."

"Pity... What would your mother say to that?" My jaw clenched but I gave her a sweet smile. "She would tell you to go fuck yourself and how you would even consider to get her baby in this twisted shit."

She smiled at me back and broke the eye contact soon after.

"I'm sure you have enough people that want to play hero. Choose one of them." This time, the man talked. "They don't have the same powerful quirk as you, and aren't that well trained as you."

My gaze fixed on the man. "Well, thats not my problem." The woman walked slowly towards me, looking slightly down at me. "Don't you want revenge for all what the LoV did to your classmates? Your friends?"

"That's none of your business."

"In this sort of 'game' as you call it, a lot of people could die." She went slowly to the big table.
"May it be an accident or not. If some of the villains died... we could not say if it was an accident or who it did." She looked up from the table to meet my eyes. My stomach turned.

"And you call yourself heroes?" I gave out a bitter laugh. "I'm not a hero. I'm president of the HPSC. It's my duty to keep everything in balance."

"And you wouldn't even think twice about killing a 'villain' as you guys call them? What's the difference between you people then?"

She smiled. "I have the power to conceal my actions and get away with it, they don't."

My features reseted in an instant, turning to a cold face. "I'm done here." I turned around to see Hawks with a pale face. And I started walking to the door.

"If you go out of this room without joining us, I will make sure that you will never get your quirk back, Mavo." I stopped dead in my tracks. Only 5 people knew my nickname from my dad. No one else. What does that mean?

She said 'quirk', so she doesn't know what quirk I actually have. And that I actually have two. She only knows what I can do. She said 'never get it back', does that mean she will tell everyone that I am indeed a spy?

I turned around slowly. "I want my quirk permanently again. No one can put these handcuffs or this bracelet on me ever again. I will be fully protected by you." She looked me over for a couple of seconds before smiling wickedly.

"See it as already done."

1015 words