Chapter 2: Shopping

Mavis' pov

It's been a week since the deal with the mouse-man. I get my cash every month, it's a lot of cash if you ask me. It surprises me that they give a 15 year old over 200.000 yen per month, but I am not complaining. I was planing on going shopping tomorrow.

School starts next week, I got my uniform yesterday with an envelope which says which class I was going and there was my school ID, too.

I am currently laying on my couch with some fluffy blankets and pillows, watching 'your name' on Netflix. It's late in the evening and I am sleepy, so I turned the tv off and made my way to my bedroom.

I opened the door and turned the lights on. My bedroom doesn't really have much decoration but it was enough for me, I love my bedroom. In it was a window where you can sit in front of with comfy pillows and a blanket. I have a body mirror, a walk in closet, a big bed, and shelfs. One is right above my bed with books in it and one is besides my bed. There stood the only picture I had left from my parents and me.

I made my way towards my bed and sat down. I reached out for the picture and examined it. The picture took a neighbor that was really close with my parents. We were in a park, my mom was handing us, me and my dad, ice cream. I was giggling because my mom shoved my dads ice cream in his face, she was smiling and my dad had a playful grin on his face.

My mom, Akari, was a beautiful woman with long brown hair, brown eyes and her face was like as if it was sculpted by a god. She really was a goddess, her name stands for light and brightness, which she really was, she was a caring person that had a smile on her face everyday.

My Dad, Haruki, had black hair and dark brown eyes, he was a handsome man. He was always working, but always found a way to have time for us.

I set the picture frame numbly back and got into bed. I can't make myself cry over them anymore, even if I want to. Nothing comes out when thinking about them.

~

I was walking through the mall with shopping bags in my hands. It was a long time ago when I had enough money to buy clothes. Just when I was about to go out of the mall, I ran into someone. A bag of mine fell down and I looked up with annoyance. I saw an all too familiar lavender haired boy with eye-bags as if he did not sleep for a week. "My bad, I wasn't watching where I was going," I nodded, then made myself smile at him.

I can't stay mad at him for too long, it just makes me feel guilty.

"Long time no see, do you want to go in a cafe and talk a little? Or do you have something to do?" I asked. Hitoshi and I know each other since middle school. We met when he was alone in a park with a cat that he found on the way.

We talked for a while and found out that we are quite the same when it comes to our social lives and our quirks. He opened up to me when I did the first move and told him about my quirks. I saw how he was distant to the topic about quirks, so I thought it would be best if I told him about mine first.

We understood each other quite fast and exchanged numbers in the end. After that we became good friends, it was two years ago.

"No, I just got here because I was bored, it would be nice if we talked, it was quite a time ago the last time we talked in person." He said in his monotone voice. We walked to a cafe which was in the near and ordered something to drink sitting down besides a window to look out.

"How did the exam go? You didn't tell me anything, did it go well?" He told me he would tell me how it went after the exam, but in the end I heard nothing from him. I just thought he forgot about it or something.

I watched his every move eagerly. It was his goal to become a hero with his oh so 'villainous' quirk, and show everyone that he is a good boy with good intentions. I admired that about him. He let out a sigh and looked away, anywhere but at me. I furrowed my brows and tried to catch his gaze. "Hitoshi?"

"It didn't go well. We had to immobilize robots and my quirk doesn't work on them, so I had in the end no points." He said while looking at his hands.

How he said that broke my heart. I took his hands in mine and looked at him with a determined look and a warm smile. "It's okay Hitoshi, you will have another opportunity to be a hero, don't give up that easily." I said while giving his hands a light squeeze. He looked me in the eyes finally and gave a nod. He wasn't convinced yet but he put his trust in my words.

We talked at the end over various things and didn't realize how late it became. "I should go home now, it's late." I said to Hitoshi and stood up. He followed after me and and we bid our goodbyes when we were outside the cafe. He argued with me that he should bring me home but I won at the end, and we separated our ways at the cafe.

It's not like I hate being around him, don't get me wrong, I just don't want him to be alone at the end after he brought me home. It's late and his house is 20 mins away from mine.

1020 words