Chapter 79: You Got It Champ

Mavis' pov

Nothing stays as it is just because you feel like you are happy.

You can only be happy if you ignore the world outside. If you focus on just what you like and can escape the bad that is coming towards you. Slithering like a snake and attacking you when you least expect it.

All the crashing, crying for help and screaming for back up faded into the background as I made myself tea in a shop I broke in. While the others were doing that whole introduction thing, I just slipped away and thought about making myself something to drink.

I saw Dabi running past the shop I was in just minutes ago. Twice followed him, but he looked like he was searching for someone as he was running.

For me?

Maybe, but don't really think so.

I got the teabag out of my steaming tea that was now ready. Wrapping it around a spoon, I pressed the soaked water out of the teabag back into my cup of wild fruit tea.

It's on its own sweet, so I don't need honey to add.

I was humming while I threw the teabag away, grabbed the mug by its handle, blowed lightly before taking a sip.

Looking up, I saw blue flames roasting a handful of people outside the window. I was far enough away, maybe twenty feet, so I just catched the sight barely.

A yawn escaped my mouth, and I covered my mouth without thinking. It's time for me to search the others. Surely they weren't far from here. I don't know who Kazue send, but I'm sure I could find them soon enough.

Better said; I hoped I could find them soon enough, before one of my teammates kills them. That would be unfortunate for my team and more blood on my hands. Not that I really mind killing the LoV, but it would not look good for me on the heroes side.

It really is weird to call them 'my team' even though I hate being in teams.

Someone crashed into the window of the shop I was in and scrambled themselves up before running back outside to their opponent. Probably Dabi.

I wish that person good luck in getting him.
That son of a bitch.

Taking another sip of my hot tea, I made my way to the door and walked outside as if there weren't people running, fighting, dying and screaming.

"Hey! Where are you going?!"

I pressed my lips in a thin line, turned around and looked at the burned shit with boredom. "You want me to help you with putting suncream on? Isn't it a bit late for that?"

He was breathing rapidly, using his only time that he got from escaping death a second ago just to argue with me. He raised a brow. "How about doing what you are here for and helping me with Elsa." He nodded with his head towards someone that was covered with winter clothing from head to toe.

They were nearing us in full speed with ice.

I clicked my tongue, took a sip of my tea and turned around again. "You got it champ. I believe in you." It was directed to the man who was covered in clothes, but Dabi wouldn't know. I'm walking away from him and I said those words nonchalantly.