Chapter 53: Help

Mavis' pov

"What do you mean? You are joking right?" Mina's eyes were wide open and she gripped the edge of my table. I rolled my eyes. "No Mina, he actually pooped in my face. What do you expect from a dumb bitch who overused his quirk?" The first part was meant as sarcasm, but it is believable when we talk about Denki if he had a burnout.

She turned her head towards Denki, who was goofing around with Sero at his table. It should be not long till the first lesson begins, but we all, as always, were spread in the classroom, talking with our friends till the teacher comes.

I mean, I sat on my seat. Mina was the one who came to me, talking about something Deku did yesterday while practicing. Whining about how bad he was and that his movements were too stiff. Honestly, I thought Iida would be the one Mina would be whining about, but oh well...

I ended up telling her what Denki did last night, and she now laughs her ass off. "Mina, what are you laughing about?" Ochaco came from behind her, a smile printed on her face.

Ochaco and I never talked about what happened the other night, when I claimed a position in the band. We both just ignored it.

"D-Denki... used-" She tried to wheeze out while laughing, holding her stomach and wiping a tear with another hand. "Denki used his quirk on his e-guitar because he thought it would give a better sound if it was 'charged up'." I started telling Ochaco the same thing I told Mina. "He destroyed half of their equipment. Momo's keyboard, the microphone, both his and Tokoyami's guitar with the speaker because they were both plucked in on it. And he zapped Bakugo." I'm not sure how Denki managed to zap Bakugo, but if we think about it everything is possible with Denki.

Ochaco pressed her lips in a thin line, trying to keep herself from laughing at Denki's stupidness. "You can picture what happened afterwards with an angry chihuahua and the cause of his angriness." Thanks to Momo, he didn't have to buy them new things, she just replaced everything with her quirk. But what she couldn't do was preventing a wolf hunting its prey.

The first lesson began, and it went like a blur afterwards. Math was the last thing we had, and it was rather easy in my point of view. And it makes fun when you know how it works, till something new comes up.

"The volume is 1635cm³" I answered and Ectoplasm nodded. "That is correct." Just then did the bell ring and we all packed our things. Some more faster, eager to get out of this classroom, others chatting with their friends while doing so.

~

"If you want to have the sound higher, you just need your finger to be more in the beginning of the fingerboard." I placed her fingers on the said place and she tried the sound of it with dragging the bow. It gave out an ear-piercing sound and I placed my hand over the strings of my violin.

"If you can't play it, then stop trying!" Bakugo barked from behind the drums, letting go of his ears that he clutched just seconds ago.

"Jeez, let her try." I gave Jirou a nod and she sighed. "If my ears aren't precious enough for you guys, then go ahead. Do it. Let me bleed my ears out in this corner." Denki waved his hand and looked to the side, closing his eyes.

I rolled my eyes at his childishness and turned my face toward Jirou again when she placed a hand on my shoulder. Giving me a little smile.

"Just come over here and lets have a battle." Chihuahua played with the drumsticks in his hands and I grinned, standing up from the couch.

"Guys! You need to taste this tea, it's so good." Momo said loud enough for us all to hear, Mina and Hagekure saying something back that I didn't bother to listen to.

"I don't think a battle between a violin and a drum is fair. The violin would outshine the drum in an instant." Jirou said and Bakugo clicked his tongue.

"Alright Babe. Just try and keep up with me." I went up besides the microphone which wasn't plugged in. Bakugo behind me with his drums. "I'm gonna feed you my skills and let you praise me afterwards with your sorry-ass." He grinned to himself. Picturing it in his mind.

Before we could have started playing together, Deku came jogging towards me with wide eyes. My Violin lowered as he stopped in front of me.

"Deku get lost. Haven't I told you to stay away from her?" Bakugo pinned Deku from behind me with a stare, but Deku didn't even pay him any mind. He looked me in the eyes and started to form a sentence, but his nervousness got the best of him.

"Deku, spill it out. You know I don't have much patience." He swallowed and Tokoyami came from behind him. "Hawks is outside, looking for you." I kept my questions inside my head as I placed my violin down besides Jirou on the couch.

The others watched me going outside, to the backyard. Exchanging looks under themselves. "Hawks?"

"What does he do here?"

"The Hawks?!"

That's what I heard before I shut the door behind me. There he stood, his hands in his pockets and his back turned to me. "What are you doing here?"

We haven't seen each other in a long, long time. And so much went on without him, that I nearly forgot that he existed. Nearly.

He turned around without a grin or smile that he always had printed on his face. "Hey kid."

When he understood that I wouldn't greet him back, he sighed and dropped his shoulders. An act that showed that he had a lot going on these past few days, when not months, too. And I stopped acting like a brat.

Of course he had an own life. Why am I so self centered? Besides, he sticked up for me and lied, so I had no right in giving him the cold shoulder.

Even though I didn't mean to do it in the first place. I think it was just this need of having a comfort person besides me that knows everything. And that he wasn't there when I wanted it. But looks like I wasn't there for him either.

"What happened?" I asked as I stepped forward and scanned his body-language. He looked calm, but behind his eyes you could see a storm. A storm of an emotion that I could understand too well. His hands might be hidden in his pockets, but he might have placed them there so I wouldn't see them trembling. Under his eyes were half moons, showing that he couldn't get much sleep in the last days, when not weeks or months.

Oh god, what happened? "Hawks?" I called out for him, taking another step forward. He took a second to rethink his decision, before shaking his head lightly and looking me in the eyes.

"I know you went through a lot lately..." he began "but I need your help."

1223 words