Chapter 78: I'll Crush Them

Mavis' pov

I was a nail-biter once, but I stopped doing that  after it was too painful to continue biting, and I moved on to my lips or sometimes the insides of my cheeks. I am trying to not do the latter, because Hideyoshi told me it can cause cancer. And I don't want to die because of such a disease after escaping such things like my past.

No, I will only die when I want to.

And now is not the time.

The LoV didn't call me like I expected them to. It was easy to stay awake with the worry to not hear from the LoV and thus leading Kazue to send soldiers of ours- I mean theirs.

But now I was pacing around my old room in frustration. I heard word of Kazue sending 10 of them to the territory of the Liberation army. They wanted Ahma in particular, don't know how they heard of her, or why they want her, but I have this sick feeling in my stomach.

I have the need to puke and scream at the same time, but I do neither of those and just start chewing on my bottom lip till it started bleeding.

I cursed. Touched the split lightly and looked down at my fingertip and saw blood. With annoyance, I wiped the blood aggressively away with the back of my hand. It wasn't much at first, but after such force that I used on my bottom lip, it only split further and bled more.

I could have started crying right now and then, wasn't it for my phone to ring.

I picked it up hastily from my bed before answering it. "Hello?"

"Dusty told me to call you. He said you should come immediately to this location I'm gonna send you. Delete it when you memorized it, and delete your phone-call history as well."

He didn't even wait for me to say something, he just hung up when he was finished.

I removed the phone from my ear, and looked down at it. Not a moment later, I got a message from the same anonymous number and opened it. A location in a forest one and a half hour away from me.

I gritted my teeth as I stared down at my phone, my grip tightening as my anger rose. What do they expect of me? To just come running like a dog to them anytime they call me?

Half a second, the idea of throwing my phone at the wall crossed my mind. But then I thought better of it. My phone would break, and I would need to buy a new one. And I don't want to spend money for a new phone because of the LoV.

They all can suck my dick.

~

"Aight, why did you call me? And where is crusty?" I crossed my arms over my chest and looked at Toga and Twice. There were others, too, but I don't know their names.

Toga perked up when she saw me standing behind her. She made a move to jump on me with a smile, but before she collided with me I stepped to the side and she landed besides me with a knife in her right hand. She wanted to stand up, to attack me again, but I stopped her with my quirk.

"Not now Toga, I'm not in the mood."

Her eager face fell and she was now pouting. "Why not?!" I shook my head with a bored expression, and when I let go of her body with my quirk, she slumped down and huffed. "Meanie..."