Chapter 40: Broken Trust

Mavis' pov

"Bakugo, how is training going?" I stuffed rice into my mouth, and fixed my gaze at the Chihuahua across from me. He stopped eating and looked up with furious eyes. "Don't get angry so fast, it's okay to be behind the class. Plus, you are not the only one." He clenched his jaw and I smiled at him. In one move was he standing up and bouncing at me, but Kirishima stood up and pulled him back.

I didn't even flinch, just grinned at Bakugo. After he stopped trying to get out of Kirishima's grip, he sat himself back on his seat and grumbled "You suck".

"And you swallow" Denki, besides me, started laughing hysterically, just like Sero. Mina tried to stiffle her laugh behind her hand, which covered her mouth, and poor Kirishima had the duty to hold Bakugo back again, but still laughing.

"Mavis," I turned around and saw Midoriya, standing upright and looking at me seriously.

"Is something?"

"Aizawa asked for you." He said and waited for my next words. I just nodded and stood up. Turning around, I told my group of friends, that still laughed, that I would be going to Aizawa, and Mina nodded, the only one that heard it over Bakugo's insults and from the boys' laughter.

Midoriya showed me the way to Aizawa, he said he was waiting for me somewhere else and I just went with the flow.

"What are we doing here?" We were standing in front of a meeting room. Noises could be heard behind the closed doors and Midoriya opened one of them, not bothering to answer.

In there were a couple of heroes, Aizawa, Nezu and a detective. Is it that what I think it is? I saw The big three in a corner, too, with worried gazes that landed on me.

Stepping in, they told me to sit down at the table and I did. "What's going on? I thought only Aizawa wanted to talk to me?"

My gaze fell on Aizawa and he looked at me sternly. "Mavis we heard something and we need you to tell us the truth."

"Hawks was kidding about me being his girlfriend, I swear!" I could guess why I am here, but I tried to look dumb, as if I have nothing to hide.

"It's not about that." His voice was cold, it felt like he threw a bucked of ice cold water over me and I was shivering. "Well, then why am I here?"

"We heard you are babysitting a girl named Eri." This time, a detective spoke. I nodded slowly.

"Well, did you know that she was the daughter from the junior boss of the Shie Hassaikei, who goes by the name 'Overhaul'?"

"It came to my knowledge, what about it?"

"So you must know what he does to his child." My question was ignored, how lovely.

"If you could just describe that further I might be on the same page as you."

"Mavis. Tell me, did you know that he uses his own daughter to make drugs that eliminate quirks?" Aizawa's voice was still cold and demanding.

"You must be joking... Kai is intimidating, yes and a little strict, but he is not a man that abuses his own child." I needed to lie, otherwise he will do something to Kyoko and the others. I know they are strong, but not all of them could escape Kai's wrath. Maybe Akito with his shadow walking, but the others? And not to start with the class, they are much weaker...