Chapter 39: Blood-Bear

Mavis' pov

After yesterday afternoon, I went back to my house, it needed some caring, everything got dusty and the fruits got mould. Hawks came and visited me, I told him that yesterday was a free day of mine and we hung up, but not for long. He needed to be back at his agency after an hour and I was alone again.

I was making my way through the city, visiting Eri after a long time. I would have went every weekend and spent time with her, but I hadn't gotten the opportunity because of school and because Kai gave me so much duties. I saw Eri with Deku on a sidewalk and didn't hesitate to run to them.

"Eri?" She and Deku looked up to my running figure and Eri let go from Deku to run to me. She had tears in her eyes and she held her arms wide open for me. "B-Big sis!" I embraced her in my arms, stroking her long hair. She started calling me 'Big sis' after a month of babysitting her.

"What happened?" I looked back at Deku for an answer and he stood up.

"Mavis? How do you know her?"

"She is the girl that I babysit. Eri, honey what are you doing out here?" I tried to look at her face, but she clung herself tighter on me, hiding her face in my hair.

"Mavis, it's good that you are here. Eri was sad that you didn't come the last weeks, she was even getting bratty and here we are." Only then did I realize that Kai was here, too.

"Oh, I'm sorry Sir. School just got the hang of me and I couldn't come. Eri, we can go to the cinema today like I promised-"

"Mavis..." Deku wanted to say something but hesitated. Kai spoke again.

"Today isn't a good day to go out, Mavis. I grounded her, that's why she ran away." His eyes flickered to blondie and Midoriya, then to me. I looked back at the boys for a breath second, Midoriya looked with suspicion over to Kai and then with worry to Eri, Mirio tried to look happy but he was sweating.

Looking back to Kai, he gave me a warning glare and I nodded. "Well, we can go another time then. Bye boys." Kai and I wanted to go with Eri in my arms, but Midoriya wanted to come with us.

I started to panic, but didn't show it. Kai didn't say anything, just continued to go through the alleyway. I needed to get them away before he does something to them.

"Guys, it will be alright, really." I turned around and gave them a tiny smile. Mirio tried to go back with Midoriya but Midoriya was a dickhead and didn't listen.

My heart started to beat faster, I don't want them to die. I looked back at Kai and he looked pissed, he slowly pulled one of his gloves down and I looked at him wide eyed for a second, my heart beating faster. Eri felt my heartbeat and clung on me tighter.

I looked back at the boys with pleading eyes and mouthed a 'please'. Clearing my throat I spoke again "We will be okay, Midoriya stop being paranoid." He looked at me wide eyed and Mirio started apologizing and pulled Midoriya with him.

When they were out of the alleyway, I heard Kai speaking again. "Are they going to the same class as you?"

Clearing my throat, I turned around and started walking. A faint whisper came out of me "One of them" and he nodded.