Chapter 75: I Want You

Mavis' pov

I woke up in a dimly lit room, something that felt like a blessing, because my eyes don't take long to adjust and drink in the room. It got too hot in the sheets, so I removed the blanket off my body and swung my legs over the edge of the comfortable bed that I was in.

The floor was heated, making me hum as my bare feet touched the ground.

Bare feet.

I looked down at my clothes, and saw that I was in an oversized t-shirt and some black sweatpants. My bra is gone. My hair braided back, couple of strands falling loosely besides my face.

"You are awake, thank goodness." I jumped slightly, didn't know that someone else was here. But it shouldn't really have surprised me, it's the room's owner.

"How long was I out?" My throat felt like the Sahara, dry as fuck and making my voice come out hoarsely. Ahma moved slowly to the shelve besides her bed and filled up a glass of water, reaching out to slowly give it to me.

After gulping down the water embarrassingly fast, I gave the glass back to Ahma. "Thanks." She nodded. "Nearly 4 hours. Hideyoshi just took out the needle from inside your vein." She nodded towards my left hand, there was nothing but a speck of old, crusted blood.

I scratched it away. Ahma sighed, walking over to me and then seating herself down on her bed. She picked at something from under one of her spiky metal finger-rings. They were there so she has extended, long sharp nails. She uses them for various things, and only takes them off in the bathroom.

When I once asked her why she always had them on, she said, "A woman needs every possible thing to protect herself from men that can't keep their hands to themselves. What could a man do to a woman if he can't see anymore?" She made a stabbing move to her eye with one of her sharp metal nails, and indicated with that, that if someone would ever try to attack her, she would immediately go for their eyes.

"I took a great look at your art. To be honest, that wasn't your best piece, maybe do what I told you the first time."

I furrowed my brows. "I'm not ripping his eyes out." She eyed me. "Nor his heart." I added, and she huffed. Turning her head forwards and letting me get a good view of her tattoo on the side of her forehead. I always loved her tattoos. This woman had a tattoo on every limb. Her tattoo on her left side of her forehead was something that could only be described as black swivels that start from her hairline, reach her eyebrow, and go up to the middle of her forehead.

"You don't actually need to, anyways. Kazue raged at Jukka for shooting you. He let Hideyoshi heal Jukka's face, then bashed Jukka's head into his own desk." She pressed her blood red tinted lips in a thin line. "He needs a new one."

I couldn't keep the grimace out of my face. Nearly feeling bad for Horse face. Nearly. "And, he is forbidden to let someone heal him."

"What happened after I blacked out?" Ahma let herself fall back on her bed and looked up the ceiling.

"I heard Akito was the first one that got to you, but before he could even get you up, Daichi and Kazue came running. Daichi said they heard some kind of commotion, and Akito literally shouting at the Consigliere made them sprinting as if they were being chased by hellhounds." She bristled while imagining it in her head. "Kazue took you immediately to Hideyoshi, to the lounge, laid you carefully on a couch, after the ones that occupied it stood up confused, then he went back down again. You can imagine the rest with Jukka." She waved a hand lazily in dismissal, before letting it fall down limply.