Chapter 60: Move It, Peasents

Mavis' pov

"Kids, it's better if you let her rest. She went trough enough the last hours. You can come back after the festival." Recovery girl finished my healing for today and was just bandaging my neck when I heard Aizawa from outside the room.

They still don't let me go into my room. But they brought me out of the hospital, that's a start.

Bakugo left half an hour ago to freshen up. He said it didn't matter if he slept or not, and that he can't trust the heroes in doing their job. So he was the one that watched over me while I was trying to sleep. Helped me get comfortable in the new bed. And even brought me some clothes of his when he went to his room to get some things for the night.

He first didn't wanted to leave me. He said there could be another attack against me if he left. "You couldn't even protect yourself when you were without any injury. You obviously need me to watch over you. Be grateful." Was what he said. But I got him out with a glare.

"Shinso not you, too." I let out a sound that should have been a groan, took the notebook that I was communicating with in my hand and threw it at the door. Aizawa opened it, looked at the ground and then up to me. "Let them through." I rasped.

Recovery girl shot me a glare, like a granny would do to their grandchild when they did something wrong. "I said no talking with the neck of yours." Shinso was the first one I saw, he picked up the notebook after stepping over it accidentally, and went up to me.

He gave me the tiny notebook back as he asked, "How are you?" 'I feel how I look, thanks emo boy.' The others followed him suit and gathered around my bed. The whole class was here, expect Bakugo, Mineta and Todoroki. Looks like Bakugo needs some more time, because he would have kicked everyone out the second they had set a foot in this room.

"We heard you scream last night. It sounded awful..." Ochaco said and I rolled my eyes. 'No shit, Sherlock.' I held it up for everyone to read.

"I can hear her sass out of it..." Kirishima commented. "Looks like the one that did this to you left your head without any damage."

'I will damage yours the second I'm recovered.' Denki took a step back. 'Next time, try to be silent when we have 12am.' Kirishima asked confused, "What do you mean by that?"

'I mean; you guys woke me up in the middle of the night, screaming like some puppies that were going to be roasted alive.' It was such a silence when they waited for me to complete my writing, and then after they read it.

"It was your guys' fault that she can't speak right now?..." Shinso looked up with a menacing glare, directed to the class. I huffed as I watched him doing so, and saw how half of the class got drained out of color.

"Move it, peasants. We are here to visit Mavis." I smiled in excitement as I heard the voice. Iida, Tokoyami and Hagekure went to the other side of the room, to my right. Shinso didn't move, still standing at my left, on the head of my bed.

I waved at the three, Monoma was in the middle, walking like he owned this place. Kendo on his right and Tetsutetsu on his left. "Ew, you look horrible, Mavis." Kendo hit Monoma behind his head. 'Gee, thanks for pointing out the obvious.' Of course I'm going to look horrible. What did they expect?

"Aizawa told us that no one, other than our class, knows about what happened to Mavis?" Momo said. "Of course we are going to know about what happened to the only sane person in Class 1-A. What did you guys expect?" Monoma sassed. "Besides, our whole class knows about the attack. A classmate of ours heard her scream with his quirk." Tetsutetsu added.

"Yeah, they wanted to visit her, too. It could have been because they wanted to see the person Monoma praises 24/7, or to just see a 1-A student that got attacked while sleeping. In the dormitories."

"Kendo, stop this nonsense. I don't talk about her 24/7."

"Stop fooling yourself." Tetsutetsu watched them bickering, just like the rest of the students. "Whatever bursts your bubble, Monoma." Kendo waved her hand in front of Monoma, dismissing their argument.

"How do you know about this situation, Shinso?" Iida called out Shinso, but he didn't even glance at him at he said, "It doesn't concern you."

Before another argument could have been started, my knight came to rescue me. I think that will be my new nickname for him. "What the fuck are you extras doing here." A knight with a big mouth.

"Just visiting Mavis," Kirishima shrugged his shoulders. "Get out, all of you. Stop bothering her." Bakugo pointed at the door behind him. "Dude, she let us in. Why are you being so protective over her?" The chihuahua dismissed Sero with a glare. "Get. Out."

And that's what they did. Hesitantly, with glances shot at me, but they did. I forced a smile at my friends and patted Shinso's hand that was over my shoulder. When we were alone, only me and Bakugo, someone knocked on the door. It was a tiny knock. "I said stop bothering her!"

The door cracked open and a head peered in. "I-I wanted to visit Big Sis." She nervously looked from Bakugo to me and her gaze looked sad as she saw how I looked.

I nodded slowly for her to come inside, and as she opened the door wider to come in, I saw blondie standing behind the door, too. When Eri reached my bed, blondie opened his mouth to say something, but Bakugo was faster.

"She doesn't need a babysitter here." And closed the door in his face. He knows that I can't stand blondie, and I love him for this. I went to grab Eri, so she could sit on the bed that I was on, but Bakugo already did it. As if he knew what I wanted to do before I knew it.

Sigh

Where was he my whole life?

Eri eyed my neck, the bandage covering my burn. "Does it hurt?" I made a gesture to say that it only hurts a little, but she didn't understand it. "She says it only hurts a little." Bakugo answered for me. Looks like he will be my doll matcher.

"Why can't she talk?" She looked back to Bakugo, watching him as he sat down besides my bed, on his seat where he sat for 7 hours straight. "Our school doctor said she shouldn't talk for the time being. The burn did a performance on her neck, nearly destroying her vocal cords."

"Won't she play the violin in the festival?"

I looked to Bakugo and we held eye contact for a couple of seconds.

"She would, but her violin is destroyed. And Recovery girl said she won't let her out till her neck recovered 70%." Bakugo leaned forward, resting his arms on his knees to support himself.

A knock on the door got Bakugo standing up. He opened the door and outside stood Mineta. "What do you want?"

"The others send me to get ya. Wont be long till we start. We are still waiting for Midoriya-" he tipped the corner of his mouth with his finger. Bakugo closed the door, not waiting to let him finish his sentence. He went up to the bed and brought Eri back to the floor.

"When I leave, you will leave, too." Eri nodded, waving at me and saying a tiny 'bye', and I waved back with a smile.

I heard Bakugo say, "Out of my way, goblin." as he shoved aside Mineta, Eri following him out and going back to blondie, who was waiting outside the door. Mineta blinked before himself, looked inside to me and bowed his head. He reached out for the door handle with a shaky hand and closed the door.

Looks like he took my words in consideration...

1390 words