Chapter 11: The Todoroki Mansion

Mavis' pov

When Hitoshi and I were out of school he only then started to speak.
"When did you plan on telling me that you are in the hero course?"

I turned my head slightly to look in his eyes and he looked hurt. I let out a sigh and turned my head elsewhere. "I am sorry if I hurt you because of that, it was just-... when we talked about UA and you told me you didn't get in- I just didn't want to hurt you because of the news that I got in, even though I didn't even try."

Hitoshi is the only friend I have right now, and even though I feel like I don't have to, I feel like shit. He just looked so sad when he told me that he failed, I didn't wanted to come out and say 'hey I know you didn't make it but look, I made it in and I even get paid for it'.

Hitoshi placed his hand on my shoulder, so I stopped walking and turned towards him. He hugged me.

"You are not mad?"

He let out a chuckle, something rare that I love to hear from him. "No, of course not. Why would I be? I am glad to hear that one of us can be a hero."

It felt weird to hug him back, so my arm placement was kind of awkward. "I have a feeling that you will have the chance to persuade your dream."

Even though I don't like heroes, it calms me to think that he will be out there and protect others.

"I will try my best"

~

The next two days went over rather quickly. I texted Todoroki that I would train with him. Today after school will be the first training day. We are going to his house because he told me they had a training room.

I started packing my bag when the school bell rang, and I felt someone behind me when I was nearly finished.

This feels like a simulation. No wonder I dropped out of school.

"Are you ready?" I took my bag and nodded.

Todoroki and I walked to a train station and waited for our train in silence, but I felt like I should build a good friendship with at least one person in my class.

Who knows, maybe I'll need him someday.

"Did you only ask me to be your partner?"

"Yes, you were the only one in class that I couldn't compete with." he stated. He wouldn't even look me in the eyes. He was focused with looking straight ahead.

Like I said, this feels like a simulation.

"I wouldn't really say that, you didn't battle all of our classmates. There is always someone that is better than you." Not that I think that one of our classmates would be the one that would be better than Todoroki. They don't look really trained.

"I don't need to battle all of them to find out who is the strongest in our class." He said monotonously.

I let out a hum as I looked around, acting as if I was thinking deeply. "And what's with Bakugo? He would be a great training partner for you."