Chapter 86: 7-Eleven

Mavis' pov

I spent Christmas mostly in my office. Trying to remember everyone that is important for my cause. I wrote down every little detail I could find and even had ideas to help my friends with their problems.

I was something like a robot the last couple of weeks. I did not sleep, nor eat much.

I lost weight and looked like a ghost. Moving feels weird. When I try to walk my knees feel like they would give up any moment.

But who cares?

I threw my head back as I took my daily pills. One of them is for headaches, but the last couple of days it ceased to work. I would have to get some stronger ones once I get out of here.

I promised to go out with Toga weeks ago, but I just couldn't stand the thought of going out.

I sighed and stood up, swaying a little as I see black. Nonetheless, I walked towards my door and only when I reached it, could I see everything again.

Even though I lost so much weight that my suit got too big for me, I felt heavy on my feet. I should have kept training when I had the energy, but I had so much to do. My mind was revolving around The Paranormal Liberation Front.

"I was just on my way to check on you." Em walked up to me, holding out a hand to help me walk more easily. "Seriously, even my grandma has more power than you in her body."

She regarded me as we walked with a side eye. "Do you even eat? You want me to fetch you some curry?"

I felt like puking when I heard her say 'curry'. My hand shot up to my mouth and I gulped down painfully the water I drank minutes ago.

Em sighed, then stopped to turn me towards her. "You have to eat something. I'll personally shove it down your throat if you refuse. I don't care if you can't fathom even the thought of eating something. We need you alive."

I pushed away her hands from my shoulders and started walking again, not caring if she followed or not. "Gee, thanks for the support." I rolled my eyes.

Even if we are accomplices, I wished she would have just ignored my state and leave me be.

I can still get the job done.

I eat enough to not die, shouldn't she be thankful enough for everything I do for them? She took big steps to catch up with me, her hands behind her back. "Girl, I know how it is, I've been through the same, but the best motivation to keep going is the feeling of being needed. To have a purpose."

I sighed as I opened the door to the common room. "Get me something then, but nothing oily or I'll throw up." The corner of her lip turned up slightly, she nodded and got on her way.

I looked around the room, then walked to the couch to sit down. I had to decide on the regiments and sort them through so that they all are teams capable in great destruction. Who said I wouldn't make it harder on the heroes?

Someone walked in as I turned on the TV. Everyone should have been in the meeting right now, which was about Hawks again. He is walking on thin ice, and it surprises me that he still isn't caught snooping around. I refused to talk with him when I felt like it wasn't necessary, and he takes greater risks because he is pissed off at me. One of the Twins is watching him for me.