Chapter 80: I Want Him Dead

Mavis' pov

"3rd time."

I tossed the empty water bottle to my right, it landed somewhere with a sound, that sounded pretty loud because it is silent where we are at.

I glanced to Chikashi while opening my next water bottle, and I chugged it down as if I never have had drunken something as deliciously as water.

"This is the third time we broke into a grocery store just for water."

Wiping my mouth with the back of my hand, I threw the empty bottle to where I threw the other one. "Careful, or you might end up using all your specific amount of daily words if you keep talking."

I reached to get another bottle of water and it got pierced with a sharp scale right in the middle. Water pooled out of it just slightly, the bottle was swinging back and fourth till it fell down to the ground, right in front of my feet.

Pressing my lips together, I reached for the next bottle in line. "If you wanted to have it, you should have just said so."

He hissed slightly, and I continued drinking 2 more bottles, till we continued walking towards that high building. My stomach is only filled with water, and I can feel it moving around inside me. It annoys me so much, I wish I hadn't drunken the last bottle.

Chikashi stopped walking for a moment, but then sped up his pace to turn right. Blinking, I followed him with a hand on my stomach. "What is-..."

I stopped besides Chikashi. "...it?"

Twice.

Everywhere.

Some turned around, looked at me, then yelled something to the others. It was so loud, I couldn't hear any of them from this great distance. "Why didn't you sense anything?"

He has great senses as part-snake. He should have noticed something with them. That's what he always could. "Could ask you the same."

"I don't have my quirk activated 24/7. I was counting on you."

"I'm not a mind reader."

"And I'm not a clairvoyant."

We stared at each other for irritating long seconds, till I heard someone approaching through all the commotion far away.

It was Twice. Or a copy of him. I have no clue.
More followed, but most of them stayed where they were and fought.

Chikashi started hissing, so I raised a hand, signaling to stop it. "Reaper, where were you?" One Twice asked frantically, the others fixed their gazes on the man besides me.

"I was-" Twice interrupted me, he was kind of angry, but not really at me. He was trying to explain as fast as possible what happened, because he said I look like I have no idea what was happening, and that if I knew, I would have never gone away and left Toga alone.

What does Toga have to do with me? They all separated at the beginning, did they not?

One clone stepped forward, towards Chikashi, and he started hissing instantly, one side of his scales lifting up of his skin, creating an effect that lets his skin look more tougher and arms more wider. "This is an acquaintance of mine."