Chapter 18: Fucking Reporters

Mavis' pov

We were running, chaos is spreading in Hosu City. Endeavor took us, me and Todoroki, with him. He wanted to catch the Hero Killer but something came up. Everyone ran away from something, people were screaming for their lifes. You could hear something crashing not far away from us. While the others ran past us, to safety, we ran to the chaos, to stop whoever is doing this.

Todoroki stopped running to look at his phone. "Todoroki? Why did you stop?" I stopped with him hesitantly, waiting for him to start running again. "Midoriya needs my help-" He ran to the opposite way, without much explanation. He only told us to send help when we could.

I glanced at Endeavor, but he only nodded forward. So we started running again.

When we arrived at one of the places where people ran away from, I could see another Nomu. It wanted to attack a couple, and a hero wanted to stop him but Endeavor already stole the spotlight and attacked the Nomu with his flames.

"Not another ugly ass..." I mumbled, annoyed that there were even more of these things. But the one that is in flames kind of looks different. It can even scream.

'Does that mean he can feel pain? The other one didn't, or so I think...'

"I was looking for the Hero Killer, but this thing will have to do it." Endeavor paused for a second to look at the old grandpa.

"Thanks old timer, I'm afraid I don't know you," He continued and walked over to him.
"but I can handle this from here on out."

'Such confidence...'
The couple that got attacked by the Nomu asked why Endeavor was here, and he got a cocky smirk on his lips.

"Isn't it obvious? I came because I'm a hero."

I couldn't help myself but roll my eyes behind him.
The flames on that Nomu extinguished and it stood up again.

Endeavor mumbled something about that it should have knocked him out, like his other opponents and I just stood there behind Endeavor, watching the two pro heroes fight.

You could hear an explosion from somewhere else, which didn't sound far away from us.

"Leave this thing to my sidekicks, there's an address I want you to investigate for me. I am Endeavor, I can take the rest of that by myself. Mavis, I want you to go with him to Shoto." Endeavor directed the first part to the Hero, then pointed towards me.

"Are you sure? It would be easier for you guys if I come along with you and take them out. I can stop their movements while you tie them up." Sure, I wanted to help Todoroki, but I trust him to handle it himself, this pro hero would be there anyway. I doubt I would be much of help.

Or to be honest, I don't want to move at all. I feel so tired right now.

"I can handle it without your help. Go and help your friends." He ordered and I nodded. Taking a hit to my pride. Not that I have any left after bowing to others.

Looking to the pro hero, he nodded and went off with his turbo things under his feet. I manipulated water under my feet and transported myself with it to the address, I was fast and it didn't take me nor the hero long to get there.