Chapter 15: Sports Festival 2

Mavis' pov

"GO SHINSO!! I BELIEVE IN YOU!" I screamed from the top of my lungs, cheering for my best friend.

It was his and Midoriya's fight. I know he would win easily if he has Midoriya in his control, and I am so excited for him. That's his chance to show the teachers that he is hero material.

Seeing how he got Midoriya in his control and how he nears the boarder, I couldn't maintain myself and jumped up and down in joy. I do feel childish for doing so, and I know I will feel disgusted with myself after the fight is over, but oh well. A couple of my classmates looked at me weird but I didn't pay them any mind.

"Why are you rooting for this creepy guy?" Mina asked in a low volume and I rolled my eyes, hitting her behind her head. "Don't call him weird. Of course I would root for him, he is my best friend.

"And don't talk to me, I am still mad at you because of what you did in the locker room." I crossed my arms over my chest and looked to my other side like an upset child. I hate myself for acting like this. Not because I feel bad for Mina, but because I feel cringe for doing these things. I would rather just poke everyones eyes out.

She rubbed the spot where I hit her and pouted. "You are so mean! I told you that I am sorry, I was tricked too!"

I scoffed. "I wasn't tricked. You guys ripped my clothes off of me. Get your sorry ass out of my face."  "Hmpf" She hesitated but stood up and went to Hagakure.

"Aren't you a bit too harsh on her?" Kirishima watched Mina go away, leaning forward on his knees. "Well excuse me, but I have all the right to be mad at her. " I furrowed my brows and he looked at me. He examined my face for a long time, and I was watching him doing so. "Not that it is any of your business." He stopped after some time and looked to the other side, his ears red. He cleared his throat to say. "If you think so,"

I heard cheering and turned my head to the screen. "Ouh man..." I mumbled to myself, watching that green boy still standing in the circle while Shinso was out. How the fuck did he win?

I stood up after glancing one last time to Kirishima, and made my way to Shinso.

He was looking at the ground and his shoulders were slumped when I arrived. I wrapped my arms around his neck and engulfed him in a hug. He first stiffed but after realizing that it was me, he relaxed and wrapped his arms around my waist, nuzzling his face into the crook of my neck. "I'm sorry, I disappointed you again." He mumbled and it tickled me. Giggling at that, I tightened our hug.

"You would never disappoint me Shinso. It's my fault. I hadn't had time to train with you. From now on, we will train together. Anytime you want." I let go of him and saw a ghost of a smile on his lips. I gasped dramatically, trying to change the topic. "Is that a smile?" I pointed at his lips and the smiled faded. He shook his head, "You mood killer." and flicked my forehead. "Ouch, that hurt." I whined and massaged the spot where he flicked me.

'You are disgusting Mavis. Your behavior is annoying.'  I told myself, but if I behave like I normally would do, no one would be with me. And a part of me doesn't want to lose him.

~

I was standing in the circle again and I will be fighting Ashido this time. Making up my mind if I want the battle to be fast or not, Midnight gave us the signal and Mina came kinda scating with her acid towards me. I made eye contact and mumbled "sleepy". Before she could fall face first to the ground, I rushed to her side and layed her to the ground.