Chapter 23: Old Friends

Mavis' pov

"Oh please..."

"Don't be so shady Mavis, just meet us in two weeks like in the old times."

"If I wanted to get in touch with you and do stuff like we did in the past, I would have contacted you. Now piss off."

"Why are you such a bitch?! We had great times in the past. I don't know why you left but it was hard to find your number, you know?"

I scoffed. "Should I recall what happened with the man in the club? And don't lie to me, I bet Ahma helped you find this number."

"Yes please, we had a lot of action with men in clubs, I can't remember which one you mean."

I heard her take a quick breath before she continued.

"And Ahma would never lift a finger to find you because you left on your own."

"That's the point! You guys got me in trouble multiple times!" It's not 100% their fault, I remember getting Akito into this. But that is another story.

"Don't talk like that, it's not like you're an angel."

"But I haven't done something that got us in the mafia which led us to A FUCKING CHILD TRAFFIC."

Some members sold a child that should have been send by them to an orphanage. We might have been a gang, but we were not that evil.

She lost her parents because of us and these dumb shits that had the job to kill her parents, ended up bringing her to the hideout. We got into contact with some dude wanted to have her, but he wasn't even her extended family.

A lot of money was in the game but the boss said no.
But that greedy things sold her to the guy so they ended up dead. We hadn't found that child nor the guy, and I'm not going to lie I do feel kind of guilty. It wasn't my fault, but I have a sweet spot for children that need help.
"Bitch please... you know none of us did it-"

"But some of your yakuza friends did it and got us in it!" Now I just search for things to give her the fault. They were under her command, yes. But under mine too.

She sighed and I could hear muffled noises from the other end. "Guy's, could you help me? Mavis is morphing into a hero and I can't convince her!"

My eyebrows furrowed at that.
"I'm not morphing into a hero. I would never want to be one." Disgusting to even think about it.

"Says the one that goes to the best hero school-"

"I get payed for this shit-"

"Better than being the right hand from a certain mafia boss that got a crush on you~?" She always brought this up. Always. I looked around my room and finally made myself comfortable in my bed.  I sighed as I looked out the window on my left.

"Please stop, you let it sound like a Wattpad story... and he has not a crush on me."

"You sure about that sweetheart?"

"This is weird. Why would you say something that stupid?"

She huffed.
"Mavis just come and meet us!"
I heard an old guy friend from me yell from a distant. I let out a sigh and they kept trying to convince me.