Chapter 88: ITY31

Mavis' pov

The next day I went back to the army. I had no energy to deal with the minor things, so I left Em everything to deal with. Literally everything horse face said was making my head hurt more and more.

Just his voice was making me itch.

I put the bag on the table carefully. "Bring this to Rikiya. It's a present."

Compress has his mask off because he is eating, so I saw his eyes dart from me to the bag, then back to me. "Sure thing, kiddo. We should just hope it isn't a bomb or something." He took a big bite of his burrito, then talked with his mouth full. "Talking about bombs. Dabi took a fat shit yesterday. Even my eyes started to tear."

"Compress, you are spitting." Toga pointed out blankly, pulling her food more towards herself. "Shit is shit, you know. Everyone has to shit. But I've never seen shit with wings, walking around as if we are all friends."

I sighed, eyeing the take out on the table. Toga saw me looking, so she took her plate in her hands and stretched it up towards me. "You want some? Cooked potatoes are so good with corn and salt."

I was about to shake my head, but Spinner came from behind me, pulled out the chair in front of me and guided me to sit down. "I mean, have you seen how he sucks up to Twice? Twice is like a baby, he doesn't know how to read people. Doesn't know how to see their intentions. I told him that multiple times, but he does not listen."

I reluctantly took a cooked potato and gave Toga a small smile. She smiled like a child, grabbing the salt and placing it in front of me. "Maybe Hawks really believes in our cause. Why are you all so negative? Re-Destro believes Hawks." Toga said, taking a sauce package that is actually Compress'.

"My father never believed these rich heroes, why should I?"

The potato was kind of dry, but I just ate it in one go. Toga's smile widened when she saw it. "Take one more! There is enough for us all."

I eyed the food and searched a reason to decline the offer. There isn't enough, actually. Spinner took a seat besides Compress, opening his noddle box. "Before I forget, my old friends are coming to visit me, and I want you to treat them well."

"You have friends?" Spinner muttered, focusing on his food. Even though he is kind of an ass and acts like he doesn't like me, we all know he has just trouble hanging out with someone that was always with the heroes. As far as he knows. "Don't worry! Your friends are my friends. I will show them around." Toga stood up abruptly. "I'm going to tell Twice that we are getting guests, he will be ecstatic to hear about it." She paused, then looked to Spinner. "Where is he now?"

"With Hawks. He is always with Hawks." Compress shook his head, taking another bite of his overfilled burrito. Before Toga could walk out, I added, "There is also a girl. She lost her father not too long ago. Don't ever leave her alone. I trust you three."

~

"Oh, there she is!" Hawks said loudly with, I assume, fake joy. I still have no idea what is acted and what's real when it comes to him, so I just assume that everything he says that is in any way positive, is just a lie. He stood up and walked with his arms spread open. "Reaper, I was just explaining Twice our cause again." He hugged me and I felt disgusted in my own body. When I pushed his chest slightly, he went over to a side hug, pulling me with him to the table Twice is sitting at.