Chapter 67: Drama, Drama, Drama

Mavis' pov

Up

Catch

Up

Catch

Up

"You should stop seeing the number 2 hero."

I look past Akito's hand, that catched my ball before I could, and fixed my eyes at him with my eyebrows slightly furrowed. "Why do you care?" It's like people think they can come into my dorm and demand things from me, and I could only groan in frustration. If it were up to me and they would have done it a year ago, I would have just beaten the shit out of them. But now, I can't even control my quirks.

I sit up from my bed and glare at him. "It's not like you are my dad or something. And don't shadow-walk into my room anytime you want." He throws the ball with minimal effort up and catches it again. Doing it till he says, "I don't like him. Not even a bit." I roll my eyes and cross my arms over my chest. "I didn't ask if you like him or not. He doesn't know you, he is not a threat to you so it's not your business."

"But he is a threat to you."

"No shit, Sherlock. It's not like I haven't found out that he is lying to me nonstop and even threw me into the fire. But it is still not your damn business." I stand up and glare at him. It feels like he thinks that I am blind. And lately, my temper got shorter. Maybe it's because I hang out with Bakugo too much.

"It is my business if he is a threat to you." He says with no emotion, as if he never changed. "Just because I took you in when you had no one, doesn't mean you are now my bodyguard."

He places the little ball on my shelf, besides my bed, and looks at me again. "I care for you. I don't need to be your bodyguard to look after you."

"Then don't." He blinks at me as I sit down again, placing my head between both my palms and leaning on my knees. "I don't want you to care for me. I'm not Kazue's right hand anymore, and I am not the girl that took you in after seeing you on the streets with no one. I moved on and so should you."

As I look up again, I see him slightly clenching his jaw. Something he did every time when he hesitated to say something. "You ask for too much from me." He says with his monotone voice.

"Akito," I lay myself sideways back on my bed and took a deep breath in. "I'm tired of arguing. I have to be somewhere in a hour, leave me alone." His fingers twitch before he walks back to the shadowed corner in my room, hesitantly.

Akito turns around when he reaches the wall and looks into my eyes as he turns slowly into a shadow of a man on my wall and then combines himself with the shadow in the corner of my room. Shadow-walking is fascinating, and dangerous for his enemies.

Enemies that we shared two years ago. Feels like a lifetime ago. If someone had told me two years ago that I would go to a hero school and that Akito and I would end up arguing every time we see each other, I would have laughed. Because we never argued. And I never wanted to be a hero. I still don't want to be one.

~

The car slows down into a halt as Aizawa parks in front of Todoroki's home. The boy besides me opened his door and stepped out before looking inside to me confused. "Mavis?" I was staring at nothing particular when I teared my gaze to Todoroki. He looks at me confused but I don't say anything as I open the door on my side and step out.