Chapter 19: Back At School

Mavis' pov

Kirishima, Sero and I were talking over our internships when Bakugo entered the classroom.

I saw him first while the boys had their back turned to Bakugo. My right hand shot to my mouth as I was trying to stifle in my laugh, while the boys turned around, curios why I made that expression. When their eyes landed on Bakugo, they didn't even try to hide their amusement as they saw Bakugo's hair.

He got angry, frustrated even because of the fact that he couldn't change his hairstyle.

"HOLY CRAP! WHAT THE HECK BAKUGO!" The two boys laughed, even crumbling to hold their stomach because of how hard they were laughing.

"Stop laughing, my hair got used to this, I cant get it back the right way-" Bakugo was near to explode, trying to hold his emotions back, not to kill the boys that are laughing him out.
"Did you not hear me? I'll kill you both."

"What a shame, I liked you spiky hair.." I stared at his hair, smiling slightly.

"I would like to see you try pretty boy~" Sero said, provoking him and it seemed like he pulled the last string of Bakugo's 'calmness'.

"What did you call me?!" His hair puffed out as if it was animated. Even if I would want to try, I cannot explain myself how this happened.

"ITS BACK!" Sero pointed at his hair while laughing with Kirishima. 'Oh boy' I gazed at them when my amusement vanished all of a sudden. The thought that I don't really fit in here crossed my mind, and I straightened up slightly. I looked around the classroom and met eyes with Fumikage. He nodded slightly to me, and I closed my eyes slowly, then looked to the others.

They were gathered in little groups again, like always. Talking about news and their internship.

"When you talk about who really changed, it were those 4." I heard Kaminari say, so I fixed my gaze on his group.

"Oh yeah, the Hero Killer."

"Glad you guys made it back alive, I was worried about you guys."

"Oh Mavis, weren't you in the news with the two guys who attacked us?" Mina looked to me, she looked excited just having a reason to talk to me. Last time we saw each other, we weren't on good terms. I stared at her for a short while, then nodded.

I was trying not to think of myself as a failure. Even if I can't concentrate that good as I used to, I can't help myself but be disappointed in myself.

They all continued talking about the Hero Killer. How we were lucky that Endeavor was there to capture him and what not.

"Yeah, that's right, he saved us." Todoroki said, looking at his table.

Kaminari even called him 'cool' before Iida thought it would be a good idea to hold a speech or whatever that was.

~

Time flew by and we are now standing in front of All might with our hero costumes.

"I am here! Hope you'r ready to turn to our lessons. Today it's Hero basic training! It feels like we haven't seen each other for a while, welcome back! Now then, listen carefully for what's in store; we will be conducting a little race, take everything you have learned from your internship, and apply it to this rescue training."