Chapter 92: 2 Days

Mavis' pov

I was watching TV when all of a sudden I heard the door close. The living room is kind of far from the door, so it surprised me enough to stand up from the couch and peak my head out the doorframe. It was late enough for me to get in trouble if one of my parents discovered me, eating sweets and watching a movie that wasn't really kid friendly.

I ran and turned the TV off, then turned the lights off. Mom is supposed to be in the hospital, her usual monday night shift, so it could only be dad. Dad wouldn't be angry if he found me, but I am not taking any chances.

I bent down and sneaked my way up slowly, which felt kind of weird because in my memories, my room was downstairs, not upstairs. But my body refused to turn around and actually go to where I assumed my room was.

My hand opened a door automatically and I closed it behind myself slowly. My jaw was clenched the whole time, and I only noticed now because my teeth started hurting. Something felt off. I couldn't see much because it was dark, but I couldn't feel any of my toys around. The ground felt cold, as if out of cement, even though I could have sworn my floor was out of laminate.

I heard footsteps, and my feet moved automatically to my bed and I crawled under my bedsheets, hiding half of my face under it.

I heard the door open behind me and the hall light illuminated my room. I held my eyes closed even when dad walked up to my bed. He stared at me. I assumed it was to check if I really was asleep, but again, I felt weird. Normally dad would pet my head, but he is just staring down at me.

"Mavis, I know you are awake. I saw the lights when I parked." Dad said, and because I felt like there was no point in hiding anymore, I slowly pulled my bedsheet down and gave him a toothy smile.

He looked tired, but still gave me a smile of his own, bending down slightly to pet my head. "You left the candy out."

I kicked my bedsheets off of me and stood up immediately. "Sorry, dad. Next time I will take it with me and hide it under my bed." Because of the light coming from the hallway, I saw my room clearer now. The floor really was out of cement. Everything was dusty and I recognized blood on the floor everywhere. My eyes widened and my body felt heavy. I didn't want to, but I still turned around slowly to look at my father, who didn't move an inch.

Where my bed used to be moments ago, is now only a thin, shabby looking bedsheet. I craned my neck to look up, to my still smiling dad. But his smile wasn't warm anymore. In his eyes was a crazy look which made my heart fall down. I stumbled back as my dad's face morphed into K.J's face.

"Looks like I have to punish you. This time I'll go easy on you." His hands moved to his belt and he slowly opened it. " Next time I'll take a chunk of your skin." His belt slid out of his trousers when he pulled his arm up.

I opened my eyes forcefully when I felt something hit my shoulder and moved my right leg to kick to my right. Someone, a man, gasped and stumbled back a bit, bending down slightly and covering his dick. I couldn't see a face. I did not want to. The only thing I focused on was his silhouette. I stood up and tackled him down, one leg over his legs, the other one on his chest. I dug my knee into his chest while squeezing his throat.

'Die'

He tried to breathe, tapped my hand and arm instead of fighting back. "Mavis-" a desperate gasp. "It's me-" I felt his heartbeat slow down and his tapping felt lighter. I focused on his face to see him die, then I realized who he really was and jerked my hands away.