Chapter 4: Quirk Test

Mavis pov

"Bakugo, you placed first in the practical exam. How far could you pitch in middle school?" Homeboy asked.

"Sixty-seven meters"

"Give it a shot using your quirk, you can do as you please, as long as you stay in the circle."
That should be easy. The teacher tossed a ball to the boy besides me, and he caught it with a twitch in the corner of his lips.

Chihuahua walked with a smirk into the circle and threw the ball with a loud explosion that came from his hand. "DIE!!"

What a dramatic bitch...

My fellow classmates began to be excited about the fact that they can use their quirk.
But Homeboy got angry and told the class that whoever got the lowest score today, would be expelled. The same girl from before complained again, that was my cue to zone out.

~

As I was watching how the kids scored at the 50-meter dash, I felt someones presence in nearby that wasn't a part of this class. Because of my water manipulation quirk, I can sense where water quells are, such as blood, which consists 55% of blood plasma and blood plasma being 91% out of water, that's why I can control and sense blood.

As I was looking towards the direction of the body which was behind a wall, homeboy called my name out, signaling that it was my turn to run.

I let the presence slip behind my mind, so I could find out afterwards who that person was.
I went to the start line with blueberry, who was scolding little chihuahua at the morning.

When the signal came that we should run, I placed my hands behind my body, so they where facing the ground and manipulated water from thin air, so I could shoot myself to the front.
"2,59 seconds"
"2,97 seconds"

I grinned at what the robot said 'eat that blueberry'

~

Honestly it was all boring afterwards, I couldn't make out who the person behind the wall was, so I just memorized their body signals, to look after them in the end of school. I could make out of the signals that their body is giving, that they are fragile but somehow not? I don't understand it myself but it's unique enough to not make me confuse it with others.

~

The last test was ball-throw; a broccoli boy was in the circle, talking to homeboy. It didn't really interest me so I just zoned out. After he threw the ball I saw a smirk playing on homeboys face 'so he is a pedo now...' I shook my head at that thought, that's creepy.

It was now my turn, so I went up to the circle and spread my legs a bit. After taking a stance, I manipulated some water around my hand and threw the ball with all my might. The ball was flying really fast because of the water that is around it, never letting it land, till I want it to.

"infinity"

The children where clapping their hands while I just went to my favorite chihuahua and winked at him. "Take a picture, it will last longer." I said loud enough for only him to hear.

He just looked to his other side, trying to hide his face but I could see his ears getting all red. Being satisfied with his reaction, I looked at the screen where we were listed by 1-21.
I don't want to sound cocky but I knew I would get first place.

I watched as broccoli boy was starting to tear up because he got the lowest score. Poor boy, got expelled at his first day...

Well, that sucks for him.

"I was lying, no one gets expelled."
I furrowed my brows a bit but didn't mind speaking up. This day was just a show for me anyways.

"I thought it was obvious that he was lying. He can't just expel someone in the first day of school, might have just said that in the first place-" A girl trailed off and I looked at the know-it-all girl. She had black hair that was tied in a ponytail, looking kinda spiky, must I say.

"It wasn't a lie, he expelled a whole class one time because he saw no potential in them. Why not expel only one person?" I made a dramatic pause to let the information sink in their little heads, I looked at my homeroom teacher. "He saw potential in broccoli boy there and didn't want to expel him." I said in a matter of fact tone, and looked at the know-it-all girl. "Check your informations before you say something."

784 words