Chapter 13: Training

Mavis' pov

Yesterday I actually wanted to go for a patrolling round after training with Todoroki,
but after meeting his dad it brought up bad memories that ate me up for the rest of the day.

I am trying to look forward, but every time, when I think I moved forward, my past drags me back again, bringing up these memories of the people that broke me. I needed help and no one even glanced at me.

I have hero course in a couple of minutes and we go to the training grounds for the next two weeks, because of the sports festival. I told Bakugo at lunch that I would be training with him today, because he didn't stop pestering me about it.

Making my way to the girls locker room, I changed into the sports uniform from the school. We could decide wether we want to wear our hero costumes or sports uniform, and I stuck with the uniform.

I am in no mood of changing into the costume, and I don't really need it anyways. I will only fight with Bakugo today, so it's fine.

"Hey Mavis, I wanted to ask if you could train with me today, only if you don't mind." The girl with the bob asked. She scratched the back of her head as if she was nervous, smiling just a tiny bit.

"Sorry, Bakugo asked me already."

"Oh, it's okay." She looked a disappointed as she walked to her friends. Not that I'd care.

When I made my way out to the training grounds, a couple of my classmates seemed to take it as their opportunity to come and talk to me, seeming as I was alone. It weren't many, but a handful of them piled up in front of me, blocking my way when I stopped for a moment.

I mean, I don't mind at all to help them, but a lot of people asked me that the last two days, and it is getting on my nerves.

"Guys, it's annoying. I am training with Bakugo today. I'll take your offer if I have time for it." I scratched my nose slightly while squeezing myself out of the little crowd.

They mumbled something, but I could only catch a 'thank you' from the green haired boy while we locked eyes.

"Why are you not in your costume?" I turned my head slightly to my left, shrugging my shoulders as I eyed the chihuahua. I don't understand why Aizawa let us decide if we wanted to be in our costumes or not. I heard we are forbidden to use anything other than our abilities in the festival?

"Don't feel like it"

He looked me up and down, then just went ahead and took off his arm thingies. I don't know exactly what they are, but these green canon like things help him create much bigger explosions than normally.

"What do you want to train first?"
I asked while looking around at our classmates, training together. Some were using their surroundings, others getting their butt handed to them in close combat.

"I want you to use your quirk when we fight."
I tilted my head slightly, pursing my lips.

"You know I could easily win if I used it."

"I want to see how good you really are." He mumbled. Looking anywhere but at me. "So I know that you are just all talk but no skill."