Chapter 110

I heard the creak of the door while I was alone in the bedroom. Glenn was off in the bathroom messing with his hair.

"Momma?" I heard a little voice say as a small flashlight shinned through the crack of the door. Harper stood in the doorway with a frown on her face.

"What's wrong?" I asked softly.

"I'm scared to sleep alone," she whimpered and held the doorknob.

"But you're not alone honey. Dylan, Carl, Judith, and Mia are all in there." She slowly made her way to the bed and crawled up. Harper sighed and I held out my arms to her. Without hesitation, she scrambled into them and snuggled close to me.

After a while of just holding her she picked up a piece of my hair and examined it. "Momma, why do you and daddy have dark hair and mine is blonde?"

"You know who had your hair?" I said and smiled down at her.

"Who?"

"Your aunt Beth," I said.

"Who's that?" Harper asked innocent.

"She is my little sister. She died when you were only a baby," I told her and tried not to tear up.

"Did the walkers get her?"

I clenched my jaw at the memory. "No, bad people did. But she in heaven with grandpa Hershel and everyone else we've lost."

"And Addie?" She asked.

I sucked in a silent breath. "And Addie."

The door then opened again and walked in Glenn.

"What's my little daddy's girl doing up so late?" He asked and Harper giggle.

"Excuse me but she's a mommy's girl!" I said.

"It's okay, I can be both!" Harper said and stood up on the bed, still just wearing Glenn's big T-shirt. We laughed and glenn got under the covers. "Can I stay here tonight?"

"Of course," I said and she got between Glenn and I. Glenn covered her with the sheets and blankets and within minutes, she was out like a light and so was I.

~~~~~

Emmie still had a high fever the next morning and hadn't woken up yet. Someone always has to stay with her to make sure she's breathing so I take the morning shift everyday. I guess there's this hope in me that she'll be okay.

I was fiddling with the pieces of my gun when I didn't hear breathing. My head snapped up and I looked at her stomach.

She wasn't breathing.

I stood up and waited a second, in complete shock. I was about to call for help when her body jerked to the side and her eyes popped open. She sucked in a huge breathe before looking around franticly.

"Emmie? Emmie look at me," I said and she turned to look at me.

"What......what happened?" She asked.

"You got stabbed. You lost a lot of blood and wouldn't wake up. We thought you wouldn't make it," I said with tears lining my eyes.

"We?"

"Yes, everyone's here," I told her and her eyes went wide.

"Is daddy here?" She asked, a hint of worry in her voice. I nodded. "Can I see him?!"

"I have and idea," I said and she nodded. "Do you think you can stand?"

"I'll try." She took my hand and swung her legs around the side of the bed.

"Don't worry, I got ya," I said and she stood up.

"I can walk," she said and I let go. "I think I could even race."

I laughed and we went to the door.

*Glenn's POV*

"Glenn?" I heard Maggie call from upstairs.

"What?"

She came around the corner with Emmie behind her. My heart stopped.

"Daddy!" She cried and ran into my arms. I picked her up and never wanted to let go. Tears streamed out of my eyes and I didn't even care that people were watching from around me.

"I love you Em," I said.

"I love you more." She rested her head of my shoulder.

"I love you most."

A/N---> PLEASE READ
I'm sooooo sorry for all the boring chapters but you just wait, something's gonna happen. Well anyways I won't be able to update very often for the next week because I found out I have a concussion and I can't be on my phone for long. So I'll probably have really shirt updates. Please forgive me!