Chapter 81

*Glenn's POV*

About a half hour into the drive, I was staring at the picture Emmie gave me when I heard distant screams and gunshots. I could barely hear them, but I knew they were there. And they were coming from the direction we came.

"You guys here that?" I asked and stood up in the tailgate where I was with Daryl and Abraham.

They were quiet for a second. "Ya, I hear it," Daryl said. "It sounds like it's coming from the ASZ."

"We've gotta go back! We gotta turn around!" I yelled.

"No! We never go back! We were sent out here to get supplies!" Abraham yelled.

"Stop the truck!" I yelled and the cars all stopped. I jumped to the ground and grabbed my stuff. I started to walk in the direction we came.

"What are you doing!" Abraham asked.

"Going back!"

"Why?" He got up in my face. This was just like after the prison fell.

"Because my family is back there! My wife, my kids!" I shoved him back.

"Look Glenn, even if something is fining on back there, the guards will take care of it," Daryl said calmly.

I sighed and got back in the truck, feeling defeated.

*Maggie's POV*

For hours, we sat in the living room, hearing the occasional bang on the door. To be honest, it was really boring.

Then we heard a 'tap tap tap' on the window in the kitchen.

We all exchanged looks before rushing to the window. I slowly pulled back the curtain to reveal Harper cover in blood. I let out a cry and gabbed a baseball bat from Tara. I was about to smash the window open when Rick grabbed my arm.

"No! If you smash that, it'll attract every walker nearby and they could get in through that," Rick whisper yelled. "Have her go to the back door."

"Harper, can you hear me?" I asked and she nodded. I pressed my hands up against the window. "Go to that back door!"

She looked to her left and screamed. Then she ran to the back door and started pounding on it. I ran down the hall and swung open the door.

"Mommy!" She screamed. I picked her up and hugged her tight. Rick slammed the door shut and started to board it up with Rosita and Eugene.

"Are you okay baby?" I asked.

She shook her head and pulled up her sleeve reveal a long scratch up her arm. Blood continued to ooze out of the wound.

I heard the click of a gun. "She's scratched!" Carl said.

"Put the gun down Carl!" Rick told his son.

"No dad! She's been scratched by a walker!"

"No!" Harper squealed. "It was my knife!"

That's when I noticed her knife was missing. "Sweetie where is your knife?"

"Dropped it out there," she said and pointed outside.

"See, it wasn't a walker. Now put the gun down!" I said.

"She could be lying just to save herself from being killed now!" Carl eyes Harper and I shifted her in my arms.

"She's two! She wouldn't just lie like that!"

"Carl, put the gun down or I'll take it!" Rick scolded. "Is she running a fever?"

I felt her head. "No. She feels normal."

Rick felt her too, just to make sure. "She's not running a fever. Just keep an eye on her. Let's talk about sleeping arrangements 'cause t looks like we will be here overnight." He took a look around at everyone. "Me, Carl, Maggie, Emmie, and Harper don't live here, so we can sleep out here in the living room."

I wrapped up Harpers arm and, I swayed back and forth until she fell asleep on my shoulder.

Tara approached me. "Uh...you guys can have my room. There's one bed a bit bigger than a twin, but it's better than nothing I guess."

"You don't have to do that, Tara," I told her.

"I know, but I'm going to."

I thanked her and took Emmie into the bedroom. I sat down on the bed with Emmie and placed Harper at my side. She snored quietly and I pulled up the covers.

*Emmie's POV*

I was laying in bed when I remembered the walker scratch on my arm. I had to tell mom.

"Momma?" I started.

"What wrong?"

"I......." My sentence trailed off. "Never mind."

"You sure?" She brushed my hair out of my face.

"Ya."