Chapter 45

*Emmie's POV*

"Daddy?" I asked and climbed up the ladder to the wall where daddy was keeping watch.

"Ya sweetie?" He said.

"When do you get off of watch duty today?"

"About 30 more min," he said while looking at grandpa Hershel's pocket watch. "Why?"

"I need help with my school work and mommy is taking care of the babies with Aunt Alice," I told him and plopped down in the chair next to him. "Can I take watch with you?" I looked at him and gave him my puppy eyes. "Pleeeaaassee!"

"Alright, but get out your gun, you need to be ready for anything," he told me and I grabbed my gun from the holster. I made sure the clip was full.

Just then, we heard screams. I quickly got in ready position to shoot. A boy around Carls age ran out of the woods with at least fifty walkers trailing behind him. They were a yard away and I turned the safety off my gun when my dad stopped me.

"Stop! There's too many!" He said to me.

"I can save him!" I yelled and hopped the wall.

"Emerson!" I heard my dad yell.

Right as I started to shoot a walker bit into the boys neck. Only so many attacked him and the rest came for me. I didn't flinch, I kept shooting as if I weren't afraid that at least theory walkers were coming at me.

"We need backup!" Dad yelled and hopped the wall.

About ten guys jumped down behind him and we shot them all down together. By the end, I had two rounds left in my clip.

"What in the world were you thinking?!" Dad yelled at me.

"I was thinking that we should help that boy! He want too far gone, we could've saved him!" I screamed and stomped my foot.

"THE WALKERS WERE A YARD AWAY FROM HIM! THERE WAS NO WAY WE COULD HAVE DONE ANYTHING!" He yelled.

"WHAT IF THAT WERE ME! WHAT IF THAT WERE HENRY! YOU WOULD AT LEAST TRY AND SAVE US! OR MAYBE YOU WOULDN'T!" I felt tears rolling down my cheeks at the memory of Henry being ripped apart.
"MAYBE I COULD'VE DONE SOMETHING THIS TIME! MAYBE I COULD'VE CHANGE THE WAY THINGS HAPPENED! I COULDN'T GET TO HENRY FAST ENOUGH AND NOW HE IS DEAD! I AM TRYING TO STOP THAT FROM HAPPENING AGAIN! I HATE YOU!"

"I-I," he stuttered. He was speechless.

"Save it! You've gone cold Rhee! You're not the dad I know!" I screamed and started to run into the woods.

"Emmie! Come back!" Was the last thing I heard him yell before I was too far to hear him.

I stopped to catch my breath and looked around. I was lost.

I heard a twig snap and started to run again.

That was my routine: run, stop, walker, run. That was my routine for the next three days.

I was walking on the road alone when someone grabbed me from behind with a gun pressed to the side of my head.

"Look at who we got here," I heard a familiar voice say. A familiar voice that I had hoped I'd never hear again.

|A/N|
Who has Emmie? PLEASE LEAVE SUGGESTIONS IN THE COMMENTS, I'M KINDA HAVING WRITERS BLOCK SO IF YOU DON'T UPDATES MIGHT GET SLOW SO I CAN THINK OF IDEAS!