Chapter 44

"Glenn!" I heard Alice yell loudly and franticly. "Please come! Hurry!"

I ran out of the room with Emmie right behind me.

"Come with me!" Alice said and ran down to the infirmary.

Oh no.

"Emmie, no matter what happens, I love you so much and everything will be okay!" I said and hugged Emmie.

We into the infirmary and down the hall to where Maggie was.

"Em, you should stay out here, let your dad go in," Alice said and held Emmie back.

I slowly opened the door and went to Maggie's side.

I took her hand and kissed it. "I love you so much," I said.

"I love you too," I heard her whisper.

I looked up to see her eyes open. I pulled her up into a hug. "Oh my gosh, I thought you would leave me!" I felt tears falling from my face.

"I would never leave you," she whispered in my ear.

I pulled away and our lips collied. It started to get long and passionate when she pulled away. "Where is the new baby?"

"They're at Alice's house," I said.

"They?" She seemed confused by the plural part.

"You had four beautiful babies. Two boys, and two girls." I leaned in to kiss her again.

"How in the world am I supposed to take care of Emmie, a toddler, and four infants?" She asked.

"With my help. And they have a daycare center here also," I said. "We've done harder things." She laughed. "I'm so glad you woke up."

"I'm glad I chose to stay," she said.

"Chose? What do you mean?"

"I had a choice. I say my dad, my moms, my brother, and.......Beth. They said I could go back to you, or stay with them." She looked down at the sheets.

"I'm glad you chose to stay," I whispered.

"Me too."

"Daddy?" Emmie said as she cracked the door open. "Is everything okay." I heard her crying. She must have thought Maggie had died.

"Everything's fine honey, come in,"I said and she came in with a tear streaked face.

She saw Maggie awake and started running across the room.

"Momma! Momma!" She yelled and jumped up on the bed.

"Hey Em, what's wrong?" Maggie asked and squeezed Emmie into a hug.

"I-I thought you were dead," she cried.

"Well I'm not, there's no need to cry hun," Maggie said calmly.

She snuggled into Maggie side and started to fall asleep.

"What did you name the babies?" Maggie asked once Emmie was asleep.

"Nothing yet. Wanted to wait for you," I replied and squeezed her hand.

"Should we go and name them then?"

"Let's go!" I picked up a sleeping Emmie with one arm and helped Maggie up with the other.

Alice, Josh, and Charlotte were waiting outside the room.

"We'll take her home," Alice said. She had Charlotte so I handed Emmie to Josh. "The babies are down the hall and to the left. The doctor wanted to check them. I'm glad you're okay Maggie," Alice said and hugged Maggie.

"Thank you," Maggie replied.

We followed the directions down the hall and entered the room. The doctor left when we came in and on the counter, were four baskets with the babies.

Maggie's hand went over her mouth. "They're perfect," he said and hugged me tight. "Which were born first?"

"The two boys."

"How about you name the oldest boy and oldest girl, and I name the others," she suggested.

"Dylan and Addilade (pronounced how it sounds), Addie for short," I said. I had been thinking about it for a long time.

"Michael and Mia," Maggie said right after me.

"Perfect, just like you," I said and our lips collided. I pulled away and picked up Dylan and Mia. She took Addie and Michael and kissed their heads softly.

"Maybe they can grow up here ya know? Safe and sound," I said. "Like the walkers aren't even there."

"Maybe, but all this time fighting off walkers, we always forget about the messed up people that will do anything to keep themselves safe."

|A/N|
It's Christmas break for me!! Just finished my exams! How many chapters should this book be? Should I make a sequel? And remember not to be annoyed about the quadruplets, there is a reason why there is so many of them.