Chapter 66

I got my stuff together and we said goodbye. Aunt Alice was going to watch Michael, Addie, Harper, and Mia.

"Bye Michael, bye Harper, bye Mia!" I said and waved goodbye. "Where's Addie?"

"She's asleep in the bedroom," aunt Alice said.

I nodded and waved one more time. Mom, Dylan and I walked down to the wall where our search group waited. There was me, Dylan, mom, Tara, Rick, Michonne, uncle Josh, and three people I didn't recognize.

We piled our stuff in the tailgates of three trucks. I got in the back of a truck with Dylan and Tara next to me and Mom and Michonne in the front.

Dylan and I guided everyone to the big oak tree using the triangles we both carved into trees when we were trying to find the ASZ again.

"This is the tree," I said. "Daddy told us to climb it and hide. These guys jumped out right there." I pointed to the spot. "Then, that is where they dragged them away." The trail that was left when daddy was dragged away.

We followed the trail left in the dirt and leaves until it stopped. "Where did the trail go?" Tara asked.

"They had a car." Michonne joined the conversation. "You can tell because the trail of the body stops stoutly and the footsteps keep going as if they were going around to get in the car." Everyone looked at her. "Daryl taught me how to track."

*Addie's POV* (new POV)

I wanted to help. No, I had to help find my daddy. I told Aunt Alice that I was taking a nap but I really put some pillows under the covers on my bed. Next, I snuck into the master bedroom and opened the nightstand drawer. Laying inside was a knife. I grabbed it and jumped out the window.

I saw the cars being packed up so I quickly jumped into the tailgate of a truck and hid under a tarp.

After a while, the truck started to move. Soon enough, I lost the feeling in my feet. I just kept trying to think positive but it didn't work. If I were found, I would be in big trouble. But I had to help. If Emmie could do it, I could do it too.

When the truck stopped, I heard people get out. I waited a minute before peaking to see what was happening.

Outside, everyone was gathered with their backs to me. I slowly got out from under the tarp and climbed out of the tailgate. I went and hid behind a tree. That's when I saw four walkers. They noticed me and came after me.

This was a horrible idea. I backed away from them and didn't make a sound. The walkers got closer to me but I was in complete shock.

My brain told me to move but my feet said no. My backing away came to a stop when I tripped over a root in the ground, causing me to fall over.

I still didn't scream. It was like my ability to speak was gone. One fell on my legs and I tried to kick it off. It had a good grip on both my shoes. I got out my knife and held it to the walkers head. Then I thought about how this used to be a living person and I couldn't do it. I noticed the other three walkers getting closer.

Quickly, I pulled my feet out of my shoes and stood up. The walker saw that he was biting just my shoe and got back up. Now the other three were caught up.

I started to run and whimpers escaped my mouth. They chased after me.

Within a second, I heard four gunshots and the walkers fell to the ground. Next, I ran into another walker. But when I looked up, it wasn't a walker, it was a man. He had eyes so dark they were practically black and dark brown hair.

"We'll look what we go here," he said creepily. "What's your name little girl?"

"A-Addie," I stuttered.

"Well hello Addie." He bent down and his breath smelled of onions and garlic.

"She looks a bit like that Asian man we picked up with the redneck!" A man from the truck called out.

Daddy and Daryl.

"You have my daddy?" I asked.

"What's your daddy's name?"

"G-Glenn."

He looked at the man in the truck and nodded. Before I knew it, he had grabbed me and started to drag me to the truck.

"Mommy!" I screamed. He covered my mouth.

I was soon tied up and and gagged, then tossed in the back of the truck.