Chapter 37

"Stay here," I said to Harper and Emmie. Maggie and I exited the tent.

"We don't want any trouble, we are just looking for a place to stay!" Rick said to a group of three men.

"Well, you're in luck, we just happen to be looking for a few people to come back to our camp. How many are with you?" A man with black hair and a small beard said.

"Around 20," Rick replied.

The mans smile turned into a frown.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"We only have room for about ten in our town." The man scratched his beard.

"What's the name of the town?" I asked.

"Uh, we live in a community that we call the Alexandra safe zone," he said.

I stood in shock. That's where Alice is. "Is there and Alice there?" I quickly asked.

"Uh....I don't know. Sorry," he replied. "Can your whole group come out?"

Rick called everyone out. Emmie and Harper came to me and Maggie.

The man looked around at everyone. I turned and took Maggie's hand as she held her stomach with the other.

"I hate to say this, but if people want to come with us, we can only take the children," he man said and rubbed his head.

I looked at Maggie, then at Rick. Rick and I made a silent agreement.

"Okay," Rick said and nodded his head.

"Dad!" Carl shouted.

"Carl, I'm not arguing. I want you to have a normal life, make friends, be safe." Carl ignored his dad and sighed.

"You can all come down and help get the kids settled in." He saw Maggie's stomach. "You can come too since you seem due in a couple months." He was referring to the baby.

"I don't know," Maggie whispered to me.

"Go," I said.

"Why?" She asked.

"Cause I want you to be safe when you have our baby," I replied. "You can watch over Emmie and Harper. I want you safe."

She pulled me into a hug. I quickly kissed her and we loaded in the cars.

I don't think Emmie fully understood what was happening because she didn't fight with me about her staying there.

When we arrived, it looked like Woodbury only at a different place. The gates were opened for us and we drove the cars in. We got out and gathered the kids stuff.

"The parents or guardian of the kids follow me, we need to put them in our log book." The man motioned for us to follow him. "I'm Tom by the way."

I took Emmie's hand and Maggie took Harper's. A man with light brown hair approached us.

"Hi, I'm Joe, I just need to ask questions about your kids," he said and got out a notebook.

He asked me the questions:

Name of the child?

Birthday?

Fathers name?

Mothers name?

Siblings?

Blood type?

Then we did the same for Harper and Maggie.

"Daddy? Aren't you staying too?" Emmie tugged on my sleeve.

I knelt down. She had a worried look on her face.

"Emmie, I can't stay. They don't have enough space for me. Just you Harper, Scout, Shawn, Sophia, Scarlett, Carl, Judith, and mommy are staying." She had tears in her eyes.

"No!" She started sobbing. "You gotta stay! If you're not staying, than neither am I!"

"Em, you're staying. It's safe here. You can go to school, live in a house, make friends, and just be a kid." I rubbed her shoulders.

"I don't want to be a kid then!" She screamed.

"Emmie, don't worry. I'll be back soon, just think of it as a vacation," I said and hugged her.

"No! You already left me once! You can't do it again!" everyone starred.

"Emmie! You're going to be okay." I picked her up and rocked her back and forth.

"Please don't leave me here," she whispered between sobs.

"Glenn?" I familiar voice said from behind me.

/////Authors note/////
I feel like this is getting boring. Please tell me if it is or not and give me some ideas plzzzzz.