Chapter 61

||A/N||
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!! Hope everyone gets everything they want!

/////

"Come on, I know it's around here somewhere!" I said and kept walking. More like limping.

"Em, it's dark out, you're limping, and you are about to pass out from exhaustion. We need to stop for a while, get some rest," Dylan told me.

He was right. Tired means slow, slow means we're walker food.

"Okay, you're right," I gave in. I went to the tree he was standing by and jumped on his back so he could climb. I held on tight so I wouldn't fall.

When we got to a thick, tall branch, Dylan pulled me onto his lap and tied a rope from his bag around us and the branch so we wouldn't fall off.

"Night Dylan," I whispered.

"Night Em," he replied.

I couldn't sleep that night and felt myself start to cry.

"Shh," Dylan said. "We are going to get home, and then we will find dad and Daryl."

I nodded and wiped my tears with my sleeve.

*Maggie's POV*

I paced back and forth in the living room.

"They should've been back hours ago! It's almost midnight, something had to of happened!" I said franticly.

"It'll be fine. I'm sure they just had to stay the night in some house. Maybe a herd was passing and they wanted to avoid it," Tara said.

"No! I have to find them!" I yelled.

"Maggie! You need to stop and think. You have four of your kids here and they need you! If something did happen to one of them they will need you. And if Emmie and Dylan come back and something happens to you while your out there, that would be horrible. You'll just have to trust that they'll come back. Your kids are going to need their mother!" I nodded and held in my tears.

"Mom? What's going on?" Michael asked and came it of his room.

"Nothing honey, got back to bed," I told him.

"I heard you talking about dad. Is dad not back yet? You told me he would be back my late tonight and he's not!" Michael yelled.

"We don't know what happened but they'll be back," I told my son and hugged him.

"Mommy?" Addie came out of her room.

"I'm here baby. Did I wake you?" She rubbed her eyes and I picked her up.

"It's okay," she yawned.

"I'm gonna go home," Tara said.

"Thanks Tara," I told her.

"Anytime. I'll come visit tomorrow." With that she left.

Then Harper came walking out.

"I miss daddy," Addie said.

"He'll be back. I know he will," I said and pushed them all into the master bedroom.

They crawled into the bed with me and I fell asleep holding my kids in my arms.