Chapter 28

*Maggie's POV*

It has been two weeks since we decided to go back to the church. If Emmie made it, she would be there. The problem was, we were lost and didn't know how to get back.

"Maybe we should turn around and take the other road we passed by," Glenn suggested.

"No, that just lead to the countryside," Rosita stated.

Everyone looked me, helpless. "Don't look at me, I know nothing about directions."

They went back to debating at the kitchen counter of the house we were staying at.

"Momma, momma!" Scout said as skipped over to me. She started to call me momma like she completely forgot about her old family. She sometimes calls Glenn daddy but we don't really mind.

"Yes baby?" I asked and she jumped onto my lap.

"Look what I found!" She pulled a fabric doll out from behind her back. "Isn't it pretty?"

"Very pretty. Where did you find her?" I asked.

"Upstairs."

"But didn't momma tell you not to go upstairs alone?" I asked.

"Yes momma I'm sorry." She wrapped her skinny arms around me and ran off to play on the floor of the living room.

Glenn came over and I softly pecked him on the lips. Then, there was a scream.

"Scout! Stay here!" I yelled and ran outside with Tara, Glenn, and Abraham following. "Spread out!"

I saw a flash of blond hair and instantly thought Beth. Then, I saw her face. It wasn't Beth. She tripped over a root and fell. She then saw me. I lifted my gun just to be careful. She looked about 14.

"Please don't shoot me!" She yelled. "Shawn! Shawn, help me!"

Glenn ran up behind me as another guy, probably 17, came running. He helped the girl up. "Get away from my sister!" He yelled and held up his gun.

"We weren't going to do anything unless she tried to hurt us," Glenn said.

The boy named Shawn turned to the girl. "You okay Scarlett?" She nodded.

"Wait? Shawn and Scarlett?" I asked.

"Yes?" Shawn said.

"You gotta come with us," I said.

"Now way. We aren't going with strangers." Shawn stepped in front of his sister.

"We have someone you might want to see," Glenn said. They decided to follow us.

Back at the house, Rosita and Abraham had a woman and a small child. She looked just like Scout.

"Hi, I'm Julianne and this is Sophia," the woman said. I cringed and thought of Carols daughter. She looked to be in her mid thirties. She had long dark brown hair and baby blue eyes. "Shawn, Scarlett, are you okay?" She asked them.

"Yes, we are fine," Scarlett replied.

The door of the house was swung open. "Momma!" Scout yelled and ran into my arms.

"Scout?" Shawn asked. Sophia and Scarlett looked up.

Scout looked at Shawn. "Shawn! Shawn!" She screamed and ran into his arms.

"Oh, baby girl, we thought we lost you," he cried and they all fell into a hug on the ground.

It turns out that Scout has a twin which is Sophia. I'm glad she found her family.

/////Authors note/////
The idea of Julianne's character was from StaurenIsPerff so go follow them!