Chapter 54

||A/N||
The pictures are what the characters look like in my mind!

/////

The next morning, I pulled daddy out of bed and ran back home, excited to see everyone.

The first thing I did when I swung the door open was ran I to the bedroom.

"Momma!" I said happily and jumped on the pile of laundry she was folding.

"Emmie!" She picked me up and hugged me. "I missed you so much!"

"Me too," I said. "Where's everyone?"

"Aunt Alice and Uncle Josh are working and your siblings are at school," she told me and kissed my head.

"Can't.....breathe!" I wheezed as she squealed me tighter in her hug.

"Sorry!" Mom said and let go.

"Sissy!" Harper squealed and grabbed my leg.

"Harpie!" I gave her that nickname a while back. (That is actually the nickname I gave my real baby sister Harper.)

I basically sat on the couch all day waiting for everyone to get home.

When I heard the creak of the front door I hid behind a wall. Addie, Michael, and Dylan came through. I screamed playfully and jumped on Dylan's back.

He tossed me on the couch and started to tickle my sides.

"S-stop!" I laughed. He ten fell back on the couch next to me.

Mom then came in holding Mia. "Dylan, I need you to go get the box of food for tomorrow," she said. Every night, each house has to go down to the building that holds the food and get a box of food for the next day.

"Can I go?" I asked.

"As long as you don't cause trouble," mom said.

"When do I ever cause trouble?" I asked sarcastically.

Me and Dylan headed out. I then saw Michonne and Carl at a picnic table.

"Michonne, Carl!" I squealed and tackled Michonne in a hug.

"Hey Em," she laughed.

I then hugged Carl. "Hey Carly!" I joked.

"I'm a boy, Em," he laughed.

"Your hair says differently," I laughed and played with his hair.

"Are you guys going to the bonfire tomorrow night?" He asked.

"What's that?" I asked him.

"About twice a month the whole twin except the people on watch get together and have a bonfire party with food and singing and stuff," Michonne said. "I have to admit, it's fun."

"Come on Em, mom expects us back soon," Dyaln said.

"Bye!" I told the two and we got the box of food.

"We bring food!" I said lousy when we got home.

"Good I'm starved!" Michael said.

I set it on the counter.

"When's daddy getting home?" I asked mom.

"Any minute now honey," she said and continued making dinner. We heard Mia crying from the other room. "Em, will you feed her? Here's a bottle."

I nodded and went to the bedroom. I picked up Mia and stuck the bottle in her mouth. "There you go Mia," I soda softly.

She soon fell back asleep and I heard the front door again.

"Daddy!" I said and gave him a hug. He just got back from afternoon perimeter watch.

"Hey sweetie," he said.

"Dinner!" Mom yelled.

We gathered in the kitchen.

"Where's uncle Josh and aunt Alice?" I asked.

"They have evening perimeter watch," daddy said.

"Daddy, can we go to the bonfire party tomorrow?" I asked. "Michonne and Carl told us about it today."

"I don't see why not," he replied.

Everything seemed normal, like there weren't walkers everywhere. It was the most normal I had felt in a long time.

||A/N||
We all know what happens in the walking dead when people get to comfortable and feel safe in a place. I typed out a long version of this chapter an accidentally deleted it so I had to type it again! Hope you enjoyed.