Chapter 69

Next we heard footsteps.

"Walker?" I asked. The footsteps then stopped.

"No, they just stopped walking when you spoke. They're human or and animal," she whispered. "Wake your brother up. I'll go tell the person on watch." With that she hopped out of the truck.

"Dylan, wake up!" I shook his shoulders. "Wake up there someone out there!"

"I'm not falling for one of your tricks again, Emerson!" He groaned without opening his eyes.

"I told you not to call me that!" I hit his shoulder. "And I'm not joking there really is someone out there!"

I heard another 'POP' of a twig snapping. My heart was racing. My heart was beating so fast and hard that it felt like it would pop out of my chest and second.

"Dylan, they're coming!" I said, my voice trembling. The footsteps became closer and louder by the second. Suddenly, a teenage girl appeared from the darkness of the forest. She had her crossbow loaded with it pointed right at me. "Dylan!" I screeched.

*Addie's POV*

My wrist had scabbed over by the morning which made it hurt like crazy when I would try to bend it. I was sitting against the cement wall next to daddy when the man the hurt me stormed in. I quickly stood up along with daddy. He grabbed me but my shirt and dragged me across the room.

"Someone will tell me where your camp is," he said in his low voice.

"Never," I spat.

He took out his gun and pointed it all daddy. "Tell me, or I'll shoot your daddy dead."

I was about to give it up when daddy stepped forward. "Don't tell them Addie!"

I didn't know what to do. I chose to stay silent because daddy told me to.

"Fine. You don't want to tell me I'll kill you both. I get an answer out of the redneck." He shoved me into the wall and I fell.

Daddy scooped he up in his lap and held me close. He lifted his gun and aimed it at us.

The door was suddenly swung open. A teenage girl holding a crossbow stood in the doorway. "Stop Mike!" She yelled at the man. So that was his name.

"Get out of here Elena!" He grunted and shoved her.

"No! I said stop and I'm your sister so you have to listen to me!" She yelled.

"Ya, my little sister, so I don't have to listen to you!" Mike said and slapped her face.

"I hate you! And I hate this group!" She held her cheek.

Mike head the gun up so it was pointing at us again. I heard the click as he turned the safety off.

"I love you baby girl," he whispered to me.

I hugged him tighter and he did the same. "I love you too."

BANG!

||A/N||
😱 Who is dead? Comment your guess.