Chapter 90

It felt weird to not be carrying my knife around all the time. It got taken away because of my 'incident' yesterday. I'm talking again, but not often, only if I have to.

Everyday I come home from school and immediately climb to the roof.

'Maybe she'll come back,' I thought and watched the fluffy whit clouds pass by. 'What is wrong with me? She's never coming back. She left you!'

What I would give to have our family compete again. I miss everything about mom. Her hugs, kisses, smiles, calming voice, her tucking me in at night, everything. But who am I kidding, she's probably dead. She left knowing practically nothing about defending herself.

Someone calling name snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Emmie! Emerson!" Dylan called.

"What Dylan?" I leaned over the edge of the roof so he could see me.

"Dad says to come down soon 'cause dinner is in thirty minutes," he said and shaded his eyes from the sun.

"Alright." He then left me alone. I sighed and started to climb down the trellis when I heard a growling sound. I looked to my left to see a walker behind our house.

Where did it come from?!

I wasn't scared, I kept a strait face as it turned to face me. It stumbled towards me, tripping over its own feet.

Maybe I should let it. Maybe I should let it tear me to pieces. I'm tired of this life. I could be with grandpa Hershel, Beth, Addie, Beth, and Henry, and maybe even mom.

When it was about a foot away from me, I suddenly became scared. It grabbed my arm and I knew I didn't want to die. I screamed and yanked my arm away from its grasp. I started to run, knowing I had no weapon on me.

It chased me out in the middle of the street as people stared in shock.

"HELP!" I screamed as I tackled me to the ground. Tears poured out of my eyes as I squirmed underneath the walker. "HELP PLEASE!"

I was about to give up when it fell limp on top of me. I saw someone rip their knife out of the walkers skull and they dropped down next to me.

"Mommy!"

A/N
Sorry for the short chapter! In the last chapter I asked if you imagine Glenn and Maggie looking like their characters in season 1, season 2, season 3, season 4, or season 5. My answer is season 4 for both.