Chapter 71

Play: My Immortal (band version) by Evanescence while reading this chapter.

Elena and I had snuck about halfway across the hallway when I said, "Wait!"

Her head whipped around and her grey brown eyes pleaded for me to keeping going. "I have to get her body. I have to burry her. You have to get the redneck and his crossbow from the other room. His names Daryl. He's with me." She nodded and I ran back to the room. I dropped down to my knees next to Addie and held her like a baby.

"I love you so much baby girl, I wish I could've done more to save you. I wish it would've been me." I placed a kiss on her forehead. It made my heart hurt to feel her skin was already cold.

Then it hit me, she will turn. I grabbed the gun next to a dead Mike.

Tears poured out of my eyes an I lifted the gun to her head. My hands shook so much that I couldn't keep the gun still. I let out a cry and the gun dropped in my lap. "I can't!" I sobbed. But I have to.

Holding a gun to my own child's head is the worst thing I've ever done.

My crying was interrupted by a groan. I looked down to see the once brown eyes that belonged to Addie, now yellow and grey. She slowly reached up to grab me as I lightly pressed the gun to her temple.

"I'm sorry, I love you," I sobbed and my shaking fingers pulled the trigger. He body fell limp in my arms which made me cry harder.

She's dead, gone. And Maggie doesn't know.

||A/N||
I cried while writing this chapter because I listened to the song I mentioned at the top when I wrote it. Comment if you felt sad or cried. Shoutout to Sky194! Go read their stories cause they are GOOD.