Chapter 4~ Newcomers

*Glenn's P.O.V.*

My kids were alive, there were alive, alive when I thought they were dead. I returned to my cell with extra blankets and realized Henry was already asleep on the top bunk above Emmie. I laid the blanket I top of Emmie as she said, "Daddy?"

"Yes baby?" I knelt down to the ground and stroked my daughters hair.

"Are we safe here?" She asked, a look of worry in her eyes.

"Yes, I promise. Now get some sleep." I leaned down and hugged her. I kissed to side of her head and turned the lantern next to her bed off.

I stood up to see that Maggie was watching me from the cell door, smiling. I pulled her right out of the cell and I leaned against the wall.

"I never would have even guessed that you already had kids," Maggie said.

"Yea." I held her hand and kissed it right next to her wedding ring that I gave to her.

"Should we wait to tell them until when we tell the group?" She asked. I nodded excited to make and announcement to the group.

I let go of the thought of our surprise and Maggie wrapped her arms around my neck. I held her waist and leaned in to kiss her. "I love you," I said into her hair.

"I love you too."

We went into the cell and I could tell the kids were out. Maggie climbed into bed and I sat on the stool next to our dresser. I picked up Emmie's holster and took out the gun. I emptied the clip to find seven rounds in the chamber. I put the gun back together again and took my holster and put it next to her. I stood up and accidentally knocked over Emmie's boot. A switch bade fell out and I picked it up. On the side, the letters GR were engraved into the handle. I remember I have this to her the night this world went crazy. I returned the knife to where I found it and put on a clean shirt.

I climbed into bed next to Maggie and wrapped my arms around her. "Hmm," she moaned with a smile. My family is finally complete.

~~~~~

I moaned as I realized it was morning and that I would have to get up. Maggie was still asleep next to me with her head on my chest. I hated to wake her. I shifted to my side and lightly kissed her eyelid. Her eyes fluttered open and she brought my head down to kiss me.

We got up and put our holsters back on. I noticed that Emmie and Henry's holsters were gone and they were out of bed. I slipped on my jacket and held Maggie's hand as we walked down to the cafeteria.

I spotted Emmie, Henry, Beth, and Carl sitting a table. I patted Henry's shoulder "Morning," I said.

"Hey Dad," Henry replied.

Emmie got up and have me a hug. "Hi Daddy!"

She sat back down and I kissed the top of her head.

We had cereal, like we did everyday. I quickly consumed my food and headed outside to kill the walkers by the fence.

I was soon followed by Rick, Maggie, and Carol. For hours we stab the walkers, but they keep building up in certain spots. They never spread out anymore.

Beth came down with Judith and sat with her in the garden. I heard an occasional laugh come from Judith.

There was a quick whistle that come from Daryl in the guard tower. I looked to see three people walking out of the woods.

Rick, Maggie, Carol and I ran to hide behind the guard tower. I noticed Beth still sitting in the garden. I quickly ran over and put my hand over her mouth from behind. She struggled and I said, "Beth, it's Glenn. Come here, hurry!" We ran back to behind the guard tower.

I peeked out to see who was there. There was a guy, a bit younger than me, two blond haired girls, one seemed to be ten and the other maybe a year older. Lastly, there was a brown haired girl not much older looking then Emmie.

We did our normal routine, shoot at the peoples feet, just missing them to get their attention, asking them our three question that they asked Henry and Emmie, and decide whether or not to let them in.

We came out from behind the tower and they introduced themselves.

"I'm Jake and I'm 20," the older boy said.

"I'm Lizzie and I'm 11," the taller blond girl said.

"I'm Mika and I'm 10," the shorter blond one said.

"And I'm Molly and I'm 9," the small brown haired girl said.

"You answered our questions correctly, you can stay here." Rick shook Jake's hand.

"Thank you so much!" Jake said.

We headed back up to the prison and introduced the new editions to our group.

The group all had lunch and broke off I to their own little groups to chat. Emmie sat on my lap with maggie next to me and Henry on the other side. We just talked about our lives before all this and laughed about nhow stupid we were.

Beth was in the middle of telling a story about when Maggie came home from her first year of collage for Christmas, when I noticed Jake watching Maggie. Looking at her from head to toe. He saw me giving him the death stare and I put and arm around my wife and she leaned in me, kissing my cheek.

It soon became late and I looked at the pocket watch that Hershel had given me back at his farm.

I saw Jake get up and go into the hallway and I put Emmie into Maggie's lap. I quickly kissed Maggie and walked after Jake.

"Hey, Jake!" I yelled. He stopped and turned around.

"Oh ya, Glenn, isn't it?" He said and I nodded.

"You see that little girl over there with Maggie?" I asked pointing while we stood in to the doorway.

"Yes."

"That's my daughter. And do you see the teenager next to them?"

"Yes."

"That's my son. And Maggie is my wife." I looked at him right in the eyes. "I saw you looking at her earlier. That's my family, and if you hurt them in any way, I will kill you. That's a promise."

He nodded his head, his eyes narrowed. I turned to walk away but instead swung a punch at my face.

"Daddy!" I heard before blacking out.

///// Authors note/////

Hope you guys are enjoying! I love writing this even though it gets no views.