Chapter 8

When I was helping Hershel with the garden, I heard a yell. I snapped my attention to the cell blocks as Mika, Lizzie, and Molly came out.

"Help! HELP!" Mika yelled. They ran down the path and towards us.

"Walkers in D and C!" Rick yelled and I grabbed my machine gun that was leaning against the guard tower. I searched for Maggie and Emmie as Henry ran out with a gun. Emmie came running out and ran to me.

"Hey, woah, you're okay." I said and Maggie came out.

"Get in a phalanx formation and get ready, they're coming out." Rick held up his gun and Emmie and Maggie stood next to me.

Emmie took the safety off her gun and held it up. As the walkers came pouring out, we started to shoot. I looked back at Emmie. She look so serious as she shot her gun. What has this world turned my daughter into. She saw me looking, smiled at me, and went back to shooting.

~~~~Two weeks later~~~~

*Emmie's POV*

It turns out that while I was shooting a few weeks ago, I tore some of my stitches. I lost a lot of blood again because the wound reopened, and I have been feeling sick ever since.

I got out of bed to go see my dad and heard voices.

"I don't know," my dad said. I hid behind a doorway and peeked in. He had his head in his hands

"It's okay," Maggie said.

"I am beginning to think that they were safer out beyond the fences then they are in here. We should never have brought them in. With everything's that's happened, maybe we should just send them out." Dad looked up.

I started to cry. It was my first time out of bed in a week and a half and this happened.

Dad saw me. "Emmie stop wait! I didn't mean-"

"You don't want me! I get it!" I yelled and ran off crying.

Dad tried to get up after me but maggie stopped him. "She needs her space right now," she said.

I ran into our cell, feeling betrayed, hated. I saw a photo of Maggie, my dad, me, and Henry that we had taken a month ago with a camera that daryl found on a run. I picked up the picture and tore it down the middle, ripping only me out of the photo. I threw the pieces to the ground and grabbed my backpack.

I still had tears streaming down my face as I ran into the armory. I grabbed a knife, a handgun with ammo, and a switchblade for my boot.

My feet pumped and I ran outside. I zoomed past the people outside and went to the fence. I unlatched the clip that kept the fence secure and opened it up. Staring at the outside world full of walkers, I took a step out of the prison and took off.

Nobody even stopped me, nobody cared about me.