Chapter 42

I let out a scream of pain and clenched my arm.

"What's wrong?!" Aunt Alice ran in with uncle Josh.

I had tears streaming down my face. I couldn't tell them about my scratch. It took all my strength to ignore the pain and say, "nothing, just a bad dream."

"Okay hun, go back to sleep. We're right across the hall," Aunt Alice said.

A fe minutes later, the pain went away. Is this it? Am I going to die and turn soon?

"Momma? Daddy? If I turn tonight, just know I love you!" I cried and hugged my stuffed bunny.

~~~~~

I woke up the next day, alive. I sighed with relief and got dressed. Uncle Josh took me down to see mommy and daddy.

"How long do they have to wear the IVs?" I asked.

"As long as we want to keep them alive," the doctor replied.

~~~~~

It has been a month since mommy and daddy went into comas. Everyday I visit them and lace their fingers together so they are holding hands.

"Honey, it's time to go home," Aunt Alice said and held my hand. I sighed and gave my parents kisses on the cheeks.

She still hadn't figured out that I sat on the roof every night. At least as far as I knew. She might know but doesn't stop me.

I got in my pjs after dinner and helped Harper into hers.

"Mama and dada?" She asked.

"They are going to be okay. I know it,  Harper," I said. I kissed her head and went up to the roof.

I laid down and looked at the constipations. I remember how when I was little, my daddy used to show me all of them.

I felt someone tickle me from behind and I spun around.

"Daryl!" I laughed. "S-stop!"

He stopped and sat next to me. "Whatcha doing up here?" He asked.

"Missing my daddy," I replied.

"Em, I promise if something happens, I'll always be there for you." I hugged him.

"Thanks Daryl," I said.

"I'll see ya tomorrow kid," he said and climbed down the side of the house.

I looked at the stars for a few minutes until I felt tears prickle in my eyes.

"I miss you daddy," I said quietly.

"I miss you too Em," I heard my daddy say.

Assuming it was daryl playing a trick on my I kept looking at the sky. "Not funny Daryl!" I said.

"Em, turn around," the voice said again.

Slowly, I turned my head.

"Daddy!" I sobbed and jumped into his arms. "I.....I..........t-thought....y-you...w-would....leave....m-me!"

"Never baby girl!" He said and hugged me tighter than he ever has.

"People here sometimes would tell me you were going to die. They made me believe them!" I soaked his shirt with my tears.

"Well I'm her now," he said. His voice cracked a bit and I knew he was crying.

"Is mommy?" I asked.

"She's still in a coma sweetheart," he replied.

"Did you meet your new babies?" I asked.

"No, not yet. Wait babies? As in plural?" He asked.

"Yep, you had four babies," I said. His eyes widened.

"I missed you more than you know daddy," I said.

"Me too," he replied. He lightly kissed my head and I fell asleep in his arms.

|A/N|
I have to admit, I cried a bit while writing this chapter.