Chapter 52

I was in so much pain I couldn't stand it anymore. I considered killing myself just to finish the pain.

That's when I heard the door creak open. I thought it would be Dylan or Michael but it wasn't.

"Emmie?" The familiar voice said.

"Carol?" I whimpered.

"Yes, I'm here sweetie," she said soothingly.

"I'm sick, I think I'm dying," I wheezed.

"Come on, let get you home," she said.

"The people, the kids in the other room." I was interrupted by a coughing fit. "Take them with you, please."

"We will. Now let's get you to your dad." She picked me up bridal style and got my bag.

It took everything in me to not throw up on Carol. I felt her lay me down I a car and the car started to move.

A while later, I heard Carol say into a walkie talkie, "We found her."

Soon, I was picked up again and I heard the gates open up to what I assumed was the ASZ.

*Glenn's POV*

I was pacing back and forth in the bedroom clutching the walkie talkie in my hand. If they found her, they were supposed to radio me.

I heard static come from the radio. "We found her." Was all that was said. I dropped the walkie talkie and fell back on the bed. Relief spreading through me.

A few minutes later I ran outside to see a car pull in. I slowed to a stop as Carol stepped out with her search group. I noticed three new kids get out of the car also. Carol reached in the car and carried out a limp body. I slowly started to run to her and gather my daughter in my arms.

"She's really sick, if you don't get her to a doctor, she'll die," Carol told me.

"Thank you," I said and gave her a quick hug before heading to the infirmary.

After to doctor gave her an IV, he explained to me what was wrong.

"It seems that she has become sick from lack of food and water. She got here just in time. She'll be okay after a couple days on the IV," he told me as he stepped out the door.

I leaned down and kissed Emmie's forehead. I took her little hand and felt her lightly squeeze it. She's still here. I noticed her bag in the corner of the room. I picked it up and found a picture of me, Emmie, and Henry. I smiled and set it back in the bag.

||A/N||
Sorry for the boring chapter but I'm going to continue writing this story!