Chapter 97

My feet pounded against the dead leaves on the ground as I ran. I crashed into moms arms before she could even process I was there. Without a word, she picked me up and I wrapped my legs around her waist.

"Thank god!" She whispered.

I rested my head on her shoulder and squeezed my eyes shut. 'Thank you,' I mouthed to myself.

She set me on the ground. "Are you my yourself? Who is with you? Is Michael okay?"

"I saw Michael go down. He didn't see the walkers behind him. I was holding onto him but I let go to kill walker and when I turned around....." My sentence trailed off. "It was my fault! All my fault!" I heard my voice trembling ing but I wouldn't let myself cry.

'I'm not going to be a baby about this. I'm going to be strong. Every death makes me stronger,' I kept telling myself this.

Mom bit her bottom lip, trying to hold in her tears as well. "I'm sorry!" I said.

"It's not your fault Em, you were just trying to help," she said as two tears rolled down her face.

I took her hand and lead her back to where Tara and the others were.

"Tara!" I said and she got up from the rock.

"Emmie, are you okay?!" She asked franticly.

We stepped out so she could see us and she rushed over. Her and mom hugged.

"Tara helped me get out," I said.

"Thank you," mom said and squeezed my hand.

*Maggie's POV*

After we settled back down in the woods, I started to think about Glenn. I missed him. I missed Harper, Dylan, Mia, Addie, Michael, everyone that is gone.

I looked down at Emmie in my lap, snuggled into my chest. At least I have Emmie. At least I know she's alive. All of a sudden, I broke down and started to silently cry.

"Everything's gonna be okay," Emmie said softly. "Don't be sad. I'm still here, and I ain't going anywhere." I kissed her forehead and relaxed.

I will find them. I will find my family.

A/N
Sorry it is a short chapter! I had a black belt thing for taekwondo today so I couldn't write much.