Chapter~ 5

*Maggie P.O.V.*

Emmie went to our room to go get a blanket when I heard her scream.

"Emmie!" I yelled, running outside, people trailing behind me.

Emmie was backed against a wall as Jake had Glenn pinned to the ground. They were pitching each other and Jake started to strangle Glenn.

Rick and Daryl tried to pull Jake off of Glenn, but Jake kicked them and punched the crap out of them too.

I saw Henry pick up Emmie and then rushed into our cell, closing the door, beth and Carl running in behind them.

Jake was strangling Glenn, about to kill him when I took out my knife, running to stab Jake. He let go of Glenn neck but still had his arms pinned down with his boots. He twisted my wrist and grabbed my knife, cutting the top of my hand.

"Noooo! Mommy!" Emmie yelled, reaching her arms through the bars. Henry had to hold her back as she sobbed. She recently started to call me Mommy and everyone seems to except it because she technically is my daughter because I am Glenn's wife.

Rick and Daryl finally got back up and grabbed Jake at the same time, pulling him across the room.

"Glenn!" I yelled.

"Daddy!" Emmie fell down next to me and sobbed onto Glenn's chest.

"Dad!" Henry ran over and pulled Emmie off of Glenn.

Hershel dropped down and looked over Glenn.

"He's knocked out from loss of oxygen to his brain. We need to get him to his cell." I helped my dad put Glenn on our bed and I felt a burst of pain come from the top of my hand.

"Maggie, what happened, why are you bleeding?" My dad asked me.

"Jake cut me." I winced.

He carefully lifted my hand. Carol had brought a towel and my father dabbed my hand with it.

"The good news is that it doesn't seem like you need stitches, but you do need to keep it bandaged." He noticed tears dripping down my face. "What's wrong? Does it hurt?"

"No!" I cried. "I'm so worried about Glenn. He was hurt because he was trying to protect me."

I got up and quickly went to our cell. I crawled onto the bed next to Glenn. I sobbed onto his shoulder and put my head onto his chest. I tried to concentrate on the heartbeat that always soothed me to sleep, but there was none. I jerked up and pressed my fingers to his neck. There wasn't a pulse.

"Dad!" I yelled and started to perform CPR on Glenn just like my dad had taught me years back.

My dad rushed in and all of a sudden. Glenn's chest rose and he sucked in a breath. His eyes popped open for a second and then closed again. His breathing was steady again.

I sat there, next to him, never moving. I leaned down onto his chest and tangled my fingers in his black hair. Suddenly, I felt a hand on the back of my back. I was Glenn's hand. I sat up and he was awake. Finally awake.

"Hey beautiful, what's up?" He said, trying to sound like his normal funny self. I leaned down and kissed him.
When I sat back up again, I saw Carol with Emmie and Henry.

"Dad?" Emmie whimpered and I pulled her to me.

"Hey baby girl." Glenn opened his eyes again. Emmie crawled onto the bed and sat next to him. Glenn tried to sit up but fell back. I supported his back as he moved his back against the wall. Emmie hugged him and he wrapped his arms around her.

I noticed Henry just sitting on the bottom bunk across the room, his head in his hands.

Rick entered to cell with daryl behind him.

"We locked Jake in the guard tower from the outside. We still have to decide what to do with him." Rick said. "When we locked him in, he banged against the door. He yelled about how he is going to kill all four of you." He pointed at our little family.