Chapter 95

He then quickly shot his gun at me. Only I wasn't the one who was hit. I heard a familiar scream and turned to see Michael with a bullet in his leg.

*Emmie's POV*

I saw my brother fall to the ground with a bullet in his leg.

"Michael!" I screamed and rushed towards him. I noticed Tom and the others starting to shoot at Mike and his group. "Mommy, what do I do?!"

She dropped down next to me. "Put pressure on the wound! I have to check for an exit wound!" She lifted his leg to look, earning a scream from Michael. "There isn't one. That means that the bullet is stuck in his leg!"

I heard moans and noticed that Mike had knocked down the gate to get inside. "Walkers!" I said.

"Come on, we gotta get out of here," mom said and I helped Michael up. I wrapped one of his arms around my shoulder to help him walk.

"Em!" Dylan tossed me two clips of ammo and I put them in my back pockets.

"Where's daddy?!" I asked franticly.

Mom looked around. "I don't know, but we'll find him. We have to get out of the open."

Michael and I fell behind because he could barely walk.

"Stay there!" I ordered him and leaned him against the wall of a house. "I'm gonna take down these walkers!"

I shot all the walkers that were blocking our path and turned to get Michael. When I turned I saw five walkers right behind him. "MICHAEL!" I screamed and he turned to face the walkers.

He screamed before being tackled to the ground. I started to run to him when the screams stopped and I knew he was gone.

I felt tears pouring from my cheeks when I realized I was alone. I ran towards the gunshots, hoping that it would be someone I knew.

"TARA!" I screamed as I spotted her, Carl, and Abraham about to leave.

"Emmie!" She yelled and I crashed into her arms. "Are you okay?!"

"No! The walkers got Michael!" I said out of breath.

"We gotta go!" Abraham yelled sternly and started to drag us out the gates.

"Come on," Tara said and grabbed my shaking hand.

Now it's just the four of us, out in the walker infested woods, not knowing if we would ever see our families again.

A/N
This chapter is a lot like the part where the governor attacks the prison, but it is supposed to resemble how in the world they live in, nothing changes. They never have 'sanctuary' for long because it always ends up destroyed.