Chapter 78

When I spotted Tara at the shooting range I quietly walked up behind her and screamed, "Boo!"

She whipped around and screamed. "Em you scared the sh-" she caught herself. "You scared the crap out of me!"

"That was kinda the point," I laughed.

"Oh really?" She said and picked me up. She flipped me upside down and started to run around.

I was laughing my head off. "Okay! I'm sorry! Help!" I laughed and looked at my parents who were on a bench.

"Sorry Em, you're on your own on this one," mom said.

I looked down at Tara's boots and tied her shoelaces together. When she tried to take a step, she fell and dropped me. I got up and laughed at her on the ground.

Tara fixed her shoes. "Alright, let's have some fun."

She got out some bows and arrows and handed me a bow. "You're going to teach me?" I asked.

"Yes, I'm a mature adult, I can teach you," she said seriously. We looked at each other for a second being we both burst out laughing.

"Can you guys teach me how to use a crossbow?" I asked.

"Sorry Em, you'll have to ask Daryl about that one," daddy said.

"Be right back!" I said and ran to the door. I heard them laughing as I peeked my head outside the door. I remembered seeing Daryl sitting outside the building we were in. "Hey Dare!"

"What's up Em?" He said and kept polishing his crossbow. I laughed at his actions.

"Can you teach me to-" he cut me off.

"Nope!" He said popping the 'p'.

I let it a loud sigh to let him know I was annoyed and went back inside. "I guess I'll have to stick with a bow and arrow."

They showed me how to hold it and shoot.

"Alright, now breathe and shoot that walker even though there is no walker in front of you and it is just a target but-" I cut Tara off.

"Do you want me to shoot or not?" I giggled.

"Ya I'll shut up," she said.

I readied the arrow and took a deep breath. I shot the arrow and waited to see how I did. I didn't even hit the target.

I tried a few more times but the output never changed. "Can we do something else now?" I asked.

"Oh come on Em, you can do it!" Tara said.

"I guess we will never find out if I can or not 'cause I want to do something else," I said and picked up an arrow off the ground.

"You want to know the secret to hitting the target?" Tara asked. I nodded. She grabbed me by the waist and held my on her hip so my body was parallel to the ground. I laughed as she started to run towards the target. "Ready? Hit the target!" She said. I gripped the arrow and smashed it into the center of the target. The only problem was she forgot to stop running so we hit the big target and fell to the ground. We laughed so hard that my back started to hurt. "See? It's that easy!"

I felt someone pick me up and toss me over their shoulder. "I bet I can beat you at shooting!" Daddy said and carried me back to where mom was standing.

"You're on!" I said.

"Let's make a bet," daddy said.

"Winner get the losers weekly dessert for a month!" I said.

"Deal!" We shook hands.

We put the silencers on our guns so we wouldn't scare people with the gunshots and got ready.

*Maggie's POV*

I watched Emmie and Glenn make a bet and it was the most adorable thing I have ever seen.

"They are so cute," Tara said.

"I agree." I watched them put the silencers on their guns.

"I told you they would be back safe and sound," she told me.

"Yes you did." I continued to watch the two. "I didn't say thank you to you. For everything you've done for us. Not just recently but even back when you helped Glenn find me and Emmie. It means the world to me. And without you being there when Emmie, Dylan, and Glenn went missing, I probably would've gone insane and probably would've gone after them. And if I had done that, I would most likely be dead now. Thank you, really." I turned to hug her and she hugged back. "We're family now."

"I would do anything for you guys," she said and we pulled away from the hug.

"Yes! I beat you!" I heard Emmie yell. I completely forgot about their little bet and turned my attention back to them.

Sure enough, Emmie had beaten Glenn. I could tell by the look on Glenn's face he did not let her win. "Okay, fine you can have my desserts," Glenn said stubbornly.

"I'm just kidding daddy, you don't have to give me them," Emmie said.

"No, you won them fair and square," he said.

"We'll share them," Emmie said.

"Deal."

I hadn't seen Emmie as happy as she was today in a long time.