Chapter 27

*Emmie's POV*

Slowly, I opened my eyes to reveal that I was in a hospital. I quickly shot up in the hospital bed and instantly felt a sharp pain in my shoulder. I clenched my tech and held my shoulder.

When the pain went away, I stood up. I was barefooted and was wearing hospital scrubs. My clothes I was wearing when I was shot were neatly cleaned and folded on the table across the room. Everything was there. My dark blue dress, my grew jacket, and my small combat boots.

I then went to the door to find that it was locked. I started to bang in the door. "Hello! Hello! Please, the door is locked, let me out!"

I stumbled back as the door was pushed open. And African American teenager came in. I saw his name tag said Noah. He looked at me for a second then left.

I tried the door again but it was locked.

A while later, a doctor and a women came in.

"Don't worry kid, you're safe. We aren't going to hurt you unless you try something stupid." The lady with the name tag that said Dawn on it. I held my shoulder. "You were shot, we found you in the woods. Now, you have to repay us."

"Just let me go," I spat.

"We helped you, now you help us. You are young so you can do the easy things around here," Dawn said.

"Let. Me. Go."

"You are a child, I'm not going to just let you out into the city on your own." Dawn and the doctor went to the door.

"Wait! Are my mommy and daddy here?" I asked and whimpered.

"No. We just found you in the woods," Dawn replied. She exited and I caught to door. "Noah, get Beth. I have a job for her."

Beth! "Dawn!" I yelled. She turned to face me. I stepped back a step. "Who is Beth? Can I see her? Please?"

Dawn walked off without giving me an answer. I returned to my room and sat at the windowsill.

About half an hour later, the door opened and a familiar face with blond hair entered the room. "Emmie!" Beth yelled and ran to me. She picked me up and wrapped me in a hug.

"I thought you were dead," I said and tears rolled down my face. She held my head onto her shoulder. We stood there for a long time.

"Where's Maggie? Glenn?" She asked.

"I was with them. Everyone was safe together. I went with my parents to go to Washington because this guy Eugene says he knows the cure. We were attacked by these guys and I got scared and ran off with a gunshot wound. I passed out and woke up here," I said.

"They're alive? Maggie and Glenn are alive?" She asked and smiled. I saw her eyes tearing up with happiness. She squealed and spun me around. "I almost forgot! Come with me!" She set me down and dragged me by the hand down the hallway.

We entered a room and a woman was asleep on the bed. "Carol!" I yelled and jumped onto the bed. She opened her eyes.

"Emmie!" She hugged me tight. "Is everyone okay?"

"Yes, everyone's fine as far as I know," I replied.

We sat in Carols room all night together.

/////Authors note/////
I am so sorry but I might not be able to update for a few days! Please understand!